nine

"Rosie!" Lisa hummed happily once Chaeyoung walked into the kitchen. She shuffled over to the blonde girl and held up a banana. "We missed you."

Chaeyoung glanced back at her roommates, who were all watching their interaction from the couch. She raised an eyebrow at them, and they all turned away, knowing they'd been caught.

"Do you need me to peel that?" Chaeyoung asked, eyeing the banana that Lisa was holding up.

"No," Lisa shook her head. She stared at the banana for a few moments before bringing it to her mouth and trying to bite into it. She quickly pulled the banana away and stared at it in disgust. "I broke it," she gasped.

Chaeyoung laughed and shook her head. "You didn't break it," she took the banana out of Lisa's hands and peeled it halfway, handing it back to her. "You just have to peel it first."

"My savior," Lisa hummed happily, looking down at the banana and then up at Chaeyoung. "Want some?" she tilted her head to the side and held the fruit up in Chaeyoung's face.

Shrugging, Chaeyoung leaned over and took a bite of the banana. Lisa giggled excitedly.

"Thank you," Chaeyoung laughed at Lisa's excitement.

"Thank you," Lisa repeated. She nodded once and took a bite of the banana, humming in approval.

"No, you're supposed to say you're welcome," Chaeyoung pointed to Lisa to explain. "If someone thanks you, you say 'you're welcome'."

"You're welcome, thank you," Lisa nodded happily and turned around, walking over to the counter and sitting on one of the stools. Chaeyoung giggled at Lisa's attempt, leaning against the counter and glancing back in the living room. Her roommates looked away quickly, but Chaeyoung knew they were still watching her.

"You have a pretty laugh," Lisa observed. She leaned across the counter and placed her fingers on Chaeyoung's lips, as if she could hear her laughing thought touch. "I like it when you laugh," Lisa reaffirmed with a nod.

Chaeyoung's cheeks grew red and she knew the other girls were all surprised by how easily she and Lisa were getting along. "I guess I should do it more often, then," she shrugged, smirking when she saw Jisoo mouth 'oh my god' to Jennie out of the corner of her eye.

"Yes, you're welcome," Lisa smiled with a mouthful of her banana. Chaeyoung giggled, which caused Lisa to smile even wider.

"What's for dinner?" Jisoo strolled into the kitchen, pretending like she hadn't just watched the entire encounter between Chaeyoung and Lisa. The blonde girl shrugged and started putting the groceries away.

"This is dinner," Lisa announced, holding up a box of mac and cheese for Jisoo to see.

"Good choice, Pokpak," Jisoo laughed, holding out her fist in front of Lisa. The Thai girl stared at it questioningly. "You're supposed to bump it with your fist, like this," Jisoo laughed, holding her fist out to Chaeyoung, who returned the gesture.

"Oh," Lisa nodded, bumping both of her fists together. Chaeyoung and Jisoo laughed, and Jisoo shook her head.

"No, bump my fist," she explained, holding her fist out in front of Lisa. Lisa nodded once and held out her fist to bump Jisoo's. Once she did, Jisoo pulled her fist back and made an exploding noise with her mouth. Lisa giggled excitedly and then did the same.

"Make the girl her dinner, Chaeng," Jisoo teased, tossing the box of macaroni and cheese to Chaeyoung. The blonde girl made a face at Jisoo before grabbing a pot and filling it with water. She set the pot on the stove to boil.

Jennie and Somi both got up to join them in the kitchen. Lisa engaged them in an animated conversation about her banana. Chaeyoung stood back and watched, realizing the effect Lisa had on people. Lisa's smile was contagious.