Chapter 18

Harry's POV

I woke up in a jolt as a loud yelp echoed in the room. I opened my eyes, looking around, alarmed by the sudden noise and looked at the time.

4 am.

Another yelped echoed in the room and I snapped my head to the side, looking at Draco who was clutching his stomach with a pained expression.

"Draco? Baby, what is it? What's wrong?" I asked in panic as he was crying and whimpering.

"It hurts, Harry" he cried out and I jumped out of bed immediately, throwing random clothes on, putting one of my oversized hoodies on him and lifted him in my arms before rushing downstairs. I kicked the portrait opened with my foot, ignoring the shouts and curses of the person in the painting and ran as fast as I could -while still being carefull- towards the hospital wing.

"We're nearly there, darling" I said when he yelped again. "just hold on a bit longer" he nodded his head and closed his eyes shut, clenching his teeth to held back his cries since it was still the middle of the night and people were sleeping. He buried his face in my neck, tears falling from his eyes as he held onto me tightly.

I arrived at the hospital wing and kicked the door repeatedly with my foot loudly to wake Pomfrey up so that she could help us. After a few more loud kicks the door opened and an alarmed -and very much still sleepy- Pomfrey stood there. I pushed the door and rushed passed her, ignoring her scolding and the sound of the door slamming against the wall and ran to the nearest bed.

"Please, help him" I said as she rushed to us.

"What's wrong?" she asked, now completely awake and looking concerned at Draco.

"I don't know, I woke up to him yelping and whimpering in pain. I rushed here immediately" I explained and she performed a diagnostic spell over his body.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear" she said repeatedly as she started running in every direction and taking different tools and potions and all sorts of things while I held Draco's hand. Pomfrey suddenly conjured a patronus, catching my attention.

"What are you doing?" I asked but she ignored me and kept on doing whatever it was she was doing.

"I need healers on the grounds of Hogwarts immediately, a student is about to give birth" she sent it away and I blinked a few times.

"He's about to give birth?" I asked in a whisper and she nodded while still preparing things.

"Scorpius?" Draco asked through the pain and I nodded with a smile.

"Yes, baby" I said to him, kissing his forehead. "Scorpius is coming" I said and he smiled before shouting in pain again. Four healers suddenly apparated in the room and rushed along side Pomfrey before pushing me away harshly.

"Are you the father?" One of them asked and I nodded "I'm sorry but I need you to get out and wait outside the room, please." she said and I shook my head.

"What? No" I said, refusing to leave Draco's side but they started pushing me towards the door while I fought back. "I won't leave my mate alone" I shouted, my eyes turning a menacing red. They seemed taken aback but didn't back off and kept on pushing me away.

"Sir, we don't have time for this" Another healer said "Your mate could have complications if we don't start now so please get out" he said and I looked at Draco who was crying and looked absolutely terrified at me.

"Let me reassure him, he's scared" I said and after hesitating they allowed it and let me run to him. I grabbed his hand in mine again and shushed him as he couldn't stop crying. "Shh darling, listen to me, it's going to be fine. You're so so strong, baby. Everything will go as planned" I said and he tightened his grip on my hands.