Chapter 21

Warning: Smut

***

Draco's POV

"Get up" the Ravenclaw that was currently beating me up spat at me, kicking me in the ribs again for the eighth time now. I groaned loudly but decided best to just go with the flow and stood up even though I felt like lying down and staying curled on the floor for the next ten years to come. "Now that you got that monster that you call a son out of you we can finally teach you a proper lesson again" he said with a smile, surely feeling ecstatic about this and I sighed, brushing my tongue against the open wound on the corner of my mouth and wincing when it made contact.

"Glad I made your day" I said, taking short breaths and holding my side in support since I was pretty sure I had a few broken ribs by now. He scowled at me and his fist suddenly made contact with my eye. I crashed to the floor and coughed, the air being knocked out of me.

"You're pathetic" he said, a constant glare in his eyes as he stared at me from above.

"Thank you" I exclaimed in a flash of courage which owed me one last kick in the ribs. A pretty hard one. I grunted loudly, wincing and hissing in pain while gasping desperately for air. My lungs as well as most of my upper body was on fire with each and every single inhale of breath I took. The Ravenclaw stepped over my body and left without a word, living me there, alone. I lied on the ground for what felt like hours until footsteps echoed in the empty and dark hallways.

"Malfoy?" A feminin voice asked and I recognized it as Granger. I hummed in replied and she rushed by my side hurriedly. "Who did this to you?" she asked as she turned me around so that I laid on my back instead of my side. I looked up at her with my good eye since the other was closed shut and badly bruised.

"Doesn't matter" I whispered back, still having great difficulties breathing.

"It's been at least the eleventh time this week" she replied quietly. She had finally started to warm up to me -all thanks to Scorpius really- and she was helping me when I was in this state. She had found me once near the library, unrecognizable and since then I always went to her for help considering I wasn't the best in healing spells. "I really think we should tell Harry" she said and I quickly shook my head.

"Do you know what he'll do to them if he finds out?" I asked and she looked at me from head to toe.

"I bet he'll make them look ten times worse than you do right now" she replied and I nodded.

"Exactly" I said, trying to slowly sit up and succeeding after the third time. "We can't risk having him transform into his wolf because he couldn't control his anger" I sighed and winced as pain shot in my ribs again. Hermione nodded before finally starting to heal me completely.

"As the other times, you'll be sore for a few hours and then you'll be as good as new" she said with a small smile and helped me get up on my feet.

"Thank you Hermione," I said, looking into her eyes while she blinked at me in surprise "I mean it, Thank you" I said and she blinked one more time.

"You called me by my name" she said "and you said thanks?" she asked and I smiled in amusement.

"I'm not the same Draco anymore" I replied and she chuckled.

"I can see that" she said and I smiled "You're welcome" I walked her to the Gryffindor tower, saying a quick goodbye before I walked to mine and Harry's dorm. As I walked in the hallways, my footsteps echoed loudly and the lumos I had casted was waking some of the portraits as I walked passed them. Most of them cursed at me while others just scowled and groaned in annoyance but kept their mouths shut.