Chapter 15

Draco's POV

I woke up feeling extremely stupid. What was wrong with me? My emotions were all over the place lately and I couldn't do anything about it. But this time maybe it had went a bit too far. I had clearly overreacted and went crazy for nothing. I even hit Harry, gods what was wrong with me? I closed my eyes, scolding myself as I remembered how I treated him yesterday. It was an accident, him hurting me, of course it was and I knew this and yet I still became a complete ass to him even when he apologized to me. Several times. I really hope he will forgive for how I behaved even though I don't think he would seeing as I went way too far. I opened my eyes and turned on my side, seeing Harry still asleep next to me. I admired his features for a moment but then frowned, realizing that he was never sleeping this late. He was always waking up before me, bright and early so it was quite an unusual sight to see but I put it on the fact that he spent Christmas Eve with the Weasleys and that I was sure it must have been tiring. I stood up, carefull to not wake Harry up in the process and walked downstairs, joining my mom in the kitchen to eat breakfast. I sat on a chair at the kitchen's table and watched my mom make breakfast. She turned around and handed me a plate of food before taking her own and sitting across from me.

"How are you feeling, honey?" she asked as she did every morning.

"I feel like a complete git." I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

"As you should. Especially with the way you treated Harry even when he apologized to you." she said, her arms folded over her chest as she looked at me with disappointment. I bit my lip, feeling guilty for what I did and for disappointing her.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and she sighed, taking my hand in hers.

"It's not me that you should apologize to." she said and I nodded, knowing that she was absolutely right and so I finished my breakfast and went back to my room hurriedly. I stepped inside and saw that Harry was still asleep. I sat next to him on the bed, pondering if I should wake him up or let him sleep a bit more before shaking him awake gently. "Harry, Love, wake up." I said, shaking him a bit more when he didn't move. "Harry" I said again but he was still sound asleep. I sighed in defeat and decided to let him rest a bit more. I went back to my mom and we talked all morning, preparing lunch together and spending some quality time together.

"Go wake Harry up." she asked and I nodded, going back to my bedroom again. I walked inside and saw him in the exact same position as before. I sat next to him on the bed and put my hand on his cheek, caressing his face softly before shaking him awake again, calling his name a few times but still he didn't wake up. I shook him more but nothing changed, he didn't move a muscle. Not even a groan of annoyance or protest. Nothing. And that's when I started to panic. Harry was a light sleeper, always awake at the softest of sounds and always waking up early. I shouted for my mom to come upstairs in panic and she rushed inside the room.

"What's wrong?" she asked when she saw how panicked I was.

"He's not waking up" I said and she walked to us, checking his temperature and everything but she found nothing out of the ordinary. She decided to call a healer who casted a few complicated diagnostic spells on him.

"He is an animagus, correct?" she asked and my mom nodded, telling her I was his mate. "Did you two fought recently?" I bit my lip and nodded, explaining everything that had happened. Was I the cause of this? She sighed in response and put her wand away, standing back up and straightening her robes. "He's punishing himself." she finally announced.

"Excuse me, what?" I asked, not sure I heard right. But then the first conversation we had with Pomfrey about the bond and everything came back to me and tears flooded my eyes.