Chapter 20 - Even more travelling

En başından başla

Star once again smiled. "Nope. In fact the villagers ran away when things got... uh complicated."

"You mean things got violent." Moon plainly states.

Star looks a little nervous. "Yeah... it kinda did."

Dream looked upset by that. "Why did it get violent? Everyone should have apologised." He pouted.

"Peace probably wasn't an option." Moon picked up Dream and put him on his shoulders. "Now sit tight. We're gonna go into the forest and find something to eat."

Cross soon cut down a vine with thorns sticking out. "Yeah... maybe you guys should stay out of here. It looks very dangerous." He peered inside of the forest.

Barely any sunlight shone through the hard thick leaves. Attached to trees that towered above them. The calls and cries of animals echoed. Some sounding like normal forest dwellers where others sounded over worldly.

Star soon crawled in. He indicated for Cross to follow behind him. "We'll scout the area first." He states getting his spear ready.

Cross nods his head. "You guys definitely stay here."

Moon folded his arms. "In the open? Where we can easily be spotted? What if you two cant track your way back here and we get separated? I maybe regaining some aspect of my powers. But at the same time I cant fend of an army. Especially if I need to protect two little ones." He gestures behind him at Dream and Nightmare.

Cross eyes sharpened as he looked at the boys. "You really are the mom friend."

"Cross is that really appropriate now."

"Thought I'd try and lighten the mood a little... but you do have a point. We should all go in." Cross' grip on his sword tightens.

Nightmare smiles at him. "I knew I was right. I'll look after Nightmare and you Dream."

"Okay." Cross goes up to the young guardians. "Hey Dream?"

"Yep?" Drew hopped up now having a mouse in his arms. The mouse familiar to him as it was the same mouse from a long time ago. "What do you need mister Cross?"

"I need you to stick by me and Stars side as we enter that." He points to the dense woodland. "We're not sure its safe and need to make sure your safe."

Dream beamed up at him. "Like a knight!" He exclaims.

"I guess so. If that's what you wish to see it as." Cross tucks his necklace in.

Dream jumped up and down, having put the mouse on top of his head. "Yay! Nighty I feel like a real prince!" He holds his brothers arm.

Nightmare smiles at Dream. "That's good to hear. Cause you are the prettiest prince ever."

"Nuh uh" Dream shook his head. "You're the prettiest, smartest, kindest and amazingness prince ever!" Dream shakes Nightmares body at the speed of lightning.

"OoKkAaYy" Nightmare tries to get out. Dream quickly hugs Nightmare. Nightmare wraps his arms around Dream and gives him a little squeeze. "Mister Cross?"

"Yes Nightmare?" Cross felt a little odd calling Nightmare, well Nightmare. Since the Nightmare he had known (Moon) looked nothing like one another. But then again it probably came down to the midnight apples of negativity.

"Please make sure my brother doesn't get hurt. He means the world to me." Nightmare says holding his brothers hand.

"Of course I'll make sure." Cross crosses his heart. "cross my heart and hope to die."

Nightmare nodded his head. "Thank you."

Cross soon clicks his fingers. "Come on Dream." He holds out his hand.

"Okie!" Dream hugs his brother one more time and sprints off to follow behind Cross.

Nightmare silently waves. He looked a little upset. A shadow soon casted over him. He looked past his shoulder.

"You okay?" Moon asked putting a hand on Nightmares shoulder. "You look upset."

"Yes I'm okay. I just hope that Dream doesn't get hurt..." Nightmare mumbled softly seeing as though Nightmares blonde little head getting help down into the forest.

"He wont. Cross will look after him." Moon assured. "Now we don't wanna get left behind so we should get going."

Nightmare nodded his head. He held Moon's hand as they also headed into the forest. Disappearing without a trace.

---------------

getting better at updating this book lol :3