What About Us?

Shōyō was running in circles around his room, squealing, screaming, and screeching like a madman. He was ecstatic. Somehow, he knew it would happen, but that didn't stop him from bouncing all over the place in excitement.

"Shōyō, while I am as excited as you, can you shut the fuck up?! You're too loud!" his mother yelled from her study.

"Sorry!" he responded. He was still incredibly giddy. 

Hinata bounded out of the house, deciding he needed to try and calm himself down from the sudden burst of energy. That way he could look normal when he broke the news to his friends. Deep down, he knew it would be impossible. How else was he supposed to feel about things like this?

Shōyō nabbed his bike and shot off down the road, deciding he might as well crash in like a hurricane in practice that morning. Practice in Karasuno because he felt like being a bitch to some people. But also to thank them. Without them being absolute dumbfucks without asking his side of the story, he wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to get where he is now.

After only about two months, Shōyō had been able to get over his feelings of guilt with the help of studying, music, and volleyballs with people that actually appreciate him. So now, he harboured hatred toward the Karasuno volleyball team. It was founded, and acceptable. Eventually, he will be able to completely let go of the pain they gave him, but that was a long ways out. Betrayal isn't healed easily, nor does it go away completely. It leaves horrible emotional scars.

Hinata rocketed down the winding road of the steep hill, manuevering with ease. The wind in his face a comforting feeling. Chasing his worries away, calming him. The eye before the storm.

Hinata screeched to a halt in front of the school's gate. He pedaled to the bike rack at a measly pace. Locking his bike in place, he walked to the volleyball gym, squeaking sounds drifting out of the open doors. Shōyō stopped for a minute, curious as to how they were doing without him. As far as he knew, he helped provide the backbone of the offense with his weird quick with Kageyama.

He peeked from behind the door, silently watching. There was a flash of silver hair as Sugawara ran in an attempt to spike the ball Kageyama set for him. The ball flew in the air, Sugawara's hand missing it by several inches. "Nice try Suga-senpai, We'll get it eventually," the black-haired setter reassured.

Shōyō's eyes steeled, his knuckles turning white as his hands gripped the door. His teeth clenched. What the HELL?!

"Sure. It's hard, trying to score without that brat is hard," Sugawara seethed.

"We don't need him. He was a hindrance in the first place!" A tall blonde came into view, smirking as he added to the conversation.

"He was an asset... but in general, he was too annoying to deal with. Always asking for tosses, jumping around, and talking too rapidly to be humanly possible," Sugawara shrugged.

Hinata could feel his heartbeat quicken rage. You know what? I am not going to tell them. Let's see what happens in the Spring tournament preliminaries.

Shōyō walked away. What he heard was completely different than what he expected. He thought, if they were truly good people, they would ask him to not go. Apperantly that was too much to ask for.

He began to hum a simple tune, deciding to walk around the school grounds.

La-da-da-da-da, la-da-da-da-da

Da-da-da

We are searchlights, we can see in the dark

Hinata strolled along the outskirts, a faded dirt path among tall grass and flowers, trees forming a dappled green tunnel. He stretched a hand to the canopy, opened as if reaching for something.