No Friends

Satori let out a frustrated groan. He was sitting in a local Starbucks, trying to work on his English homework. Why the hell did they have to assign something as hard as Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. "How dumb can someone be when a female dresses as a fucking male in that time period? Dear lord!" He muttered.

"Pfft...  Dude, it's called plot convenience. Besides, some people really are that stupid," a voice spoke from beside the red headed male.

Tendō looked at the origin of the voice, slightly surprised to see an orange haired... middle schooler, he assumed. "Meh. I guess. But how would you know?" he asked skeptically.

The orange haired male rolled his eyes. "Because I've read them... Duh," he responded sarcastically.

"But you're in middle school?”

The ginger gave him a sharp look. "First year high schooler actually."

Tendō's eyes widened. "And you've read Shakespeare."

"Uh... Yeah? So?"

"Just surprising. Can you help me with this then? I could help you with something in return."

The ginger raised an eyebrow, his interest piqued. "How good are you with pre calculus?"

"Decent enough to get a B. But how the hell are you taking pre-calc as a first year?"

The boy sat down across from him and shrugged. "Individual study."

Tendō narrowed his eyes. Something felt off. First years don't usually have independent study. The ones that do, at least at Shiratorizawa, were the societal outcasts. Or you were Ushiwaka. "Alright... Tendō Satori by the way."

The ginger's head popped up, his face seeming to be more excited than before. "The amazing middle blocker on Shiratorizawa's volleyball team?!"

Tendō was taken aback. He was surprised the male knew about him. Usually they don't, or would call him a a monster or creepy sometimes. This was new. "Umm... yeah?"

The human tangerine rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry about my enthusiasm. When it comes to amazing players and just volleyball in general, I tend to get really excited. Especially when it comes to Shiratorizawa and Japan," he apologized, giving a bright smile.

Satori felt his heart skip a beat, a feeling similar to what he felt when he first began to date Ushiwaka. "Ummmm... It's- you're good.... I'm just not used to people being excited to meet me or something."

The boy gave him a soft, pained smile. He started to him a tune very familiar to Tendō. "People say I try too hard?" He sang.

Tendō's eyes widened. Few people knew the song here in Japan, at least of those he has met. Satori liked to listen to songs in english. This one happened to be one of his favorites, mainly because of how much he was able to relate to the words. "People say I come off really awkward,
you know I don't mean no harm."

Hinata's eyes brightened even more when he realized Tendō knew the song. He seemed much more alive, passionate; happy. "I'm just trying to be myself but," he sang.

Satori himself had a wide smile on his face as he continued the song. "Sometimes I get confused, 'cause I can't read social cues."

Both boys remembered that they were outcastes in middle school. In all honesty, most of their lives. Hinata for being energetic and talkative, and dumb. Tendō because he was deemed creepy because of his face, and shunned for his terrifyingly accurate guess blocking in volleyball.

"I don't have an excuse, I'm just living in my youth~" Hinata swayed sided to side, his hands and shoulders holding a shrugging a gesture.

"I have no friends but that's okay, I don't need them anyway! I do my best, all on my own, and I'd just rather be alone
Rather be alone." The two males sang in harmonious unison, drawing the attention of people around them.