Chapter 38

Kai's POV

Kai's POV

"Kai? You shouldn't be up" Ashley said as she see me coming holding on to an inconsolable Mia. Her parents how do i face her parents. They both looked in my direction at the mention of my name. Looking at her parents, her mothers eyes where red and puffy from all the cry and her father you can tell he cried but he was also trying to be strong for his family.

"Mr, Mrs Moeketsi" I greet them. "Son you should rest" her dad said. "I can't knowing she's in there fighting for her life. Where's the twins?" I asked. "They went to get some water and coffee" he replied, while consoling his wife. "Shhh she'll be fine my love. Lise has always been a fighter" he told her holding his wife. "I just need her to be okay" she cried.

"Kai can I have a word with you" Chad said and I nodded we walked till we where out of earshot. "How you holding up" he asked. "Hardly man hardly she just have to pull through. She just have to." I told him. He had that look on his face and I knew bad news will follow "What is it? What happened" I asked in frustration. "I contacted Ethan and asked him to look into this Gio guy. He found out that this Gio person is somehow connected to the accident you had almost four years ago."he said. Stunned, unable to move. My legs gave in from under me and now I'm sitting on the floor up against the wall. "I'll go get you some water" I heard him say.

Looking back at her heartbroken parents,  guilt wash over me. Its all my fault. I know that I have enimies in the business world, but not to the point of trying to hurt me or my family. McKenzie died because of me, Chleo's fighting for her live because of me. Its all my fault.

I have to tell them the truth but I dont have the courage to. " Here you go" Chad gave me a bottle of water. "I won't rest until I find him and Ill kill him with my bare hands." I said more to myself than him. "He will pay" I heard him say. "Come get up, you'll get sick from sitting on the floor, and you dont wanna be sick when Chleo wakes up" and gave me hand.
__________________________________

Im losing my mind it's been a full 3 hours and 20 minutes and no one has left the operating room and no update on how she's doing. Ten minutes later a nurse came out. "Nurse will you or any doctor tell us what's going on?" I went off on her. "Im sorry Mr Russo they are still busy you will have to wait for the doctor" she said and left.

I've been pacing up and down the hall for another 10 minutes. Waiting. Finally a doctor exited. "Chleo Smith's family?" He asked. "Yes" Mr Moeketsi told him. "We had to some complications but shes out of danger now the surgery was a success we are just waiting for her to regain consciousness, the swelling will go down in a day and the bleeding has stopped. There is not much we can do at this stage it's all up to her to fight now. We don't know how bad it has affected her, we can only run test after she had gained consciousness" he said.

"Thank you Doctor. When can we see her?" Mrs Moeketsi asked. "You can go in now " replied. "Thank you Doctor " and we all made our way to her room. I enter the hospital room last and once I look up I didn't think my heart could break anymore than it already have but it did