C.9

~••Ambrosia••~

~••Ambrosia••~

The Slytherin children were left in a amazed silence after the dramatics the King and Queen pulled. The queen smirked twirling her wand, "Would any one like to challenge me for my spot as queen?" The boy that bordered on being a man at her side mirrored her smirk and crossed his arms, "Or perhaps, my spot as king?"

A few tense moments of silence passed before someone stepped forward. A boy with blonde hair and eyes she couldn't see the color of. "Me. I am Farland Sanguine heir to the Most Noble house of Sanguine." He spoke with a high pitched voice practically drowned in a thick french accent, dipping into the typical pre-duel bow.

The king raised a brow before bowing as well, though noticeably not as low as the first year had. As they rose from their positions and walked away from each other, pivoting on their heels so they were facing each other in a atypical display of synchronization, their audience watched the scene with baited breath.

"Experllermus!" The first year attacked first with an impressive and sharp flick of a wand. Tom could see if the boy put just a bit more power and will behind his incantation, it would have been almost enough to disarm. However, with how it was now, a quick swish of a wand non verbally redirected the spell of to the side harmlessly.
"Reducto!" A quick protego had the spell splashing against it seemingly effortlessly.

For 3 full minutes the duel was like that. Full of flashing lights and lazy wand flicks. The king was playing with the Sanguine heir, not even moving a single step from his starting spot. Even taking the time to cover a mocking yawn with his wand hand in the middle of the duel. "Okay, enough!" A blue light flicked from his wand. Tom recognized the spell as stupefy. Interesting as it was, he could preform that non verbal spell since he mastered it a year ago at age 10.

The younger boy couldn't move fast enough to dodge and hit the ground hard, knocked out cold. "Anyone else want to have a go?" The silence was deafening and Tom debated of he wanted to step up. A soft elbow to the side grabbed his attention and a brunette head shook from side to side discreetly. Although he felt confusion well up in him he didn't step forward. Deciding to once again trust the girl at his side.

"Very well then. The girls dorms are here," A dainty hand was waved, "And the boys dorms are here." A significantly bigger hand off in an opposite direction. "In Slytherin you each of you have your own rooms. However, loosing rank in the house and or your court could have your room..not being just yours anymore." It seemed to be a warning or a threat with the thoughtful pause in her words.

"Of course our head of house is Professor Slughorn but he only really steps in if you break one of the most basic rules. 'Don't get caught.' If you do you'll have him to deal with and depending on your misdemeanor, it can have the potential to not be pleasant at all." That was definitely a warning, the slight almost unnoticeable shudder the Malfoy king gave was proof of that.