Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

"So, what's up?" Demilade asked him.

"What is this I'm hearing about you and Bomi?" Demmie said and folded his arms.

"What are you hearing about Bomi and I?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

She giggled and turned to face him with a serious face. "If you want to talk about anything serious, just get to the point. I'm not that patient."

"Guy, what's wrong with you these days? You've been giving me unnecessary attitudes. Why?!"

"Me? Unnecessary attitudes? From me?"

"Really? You're acting like you don't know?"

"Will you say what I did or I should go back to the hall?" Demilade replied, uninterested.

"What is wrong with you? First, you shouted at me in the Principal's office and now, this?"

"I told you I wasn't in a good mood then."

"Oh, good. Then explain what it means by you telling Lydia that you like Bomi!" He raised his voice a bit.

She giggled and said, "really? Lydia went to tell on me? Wow. What did I even expect from a lowli–"

"Dude, what is going on with–"

"Don't call me dude! I'm a girl!"

"Demilade, what is wrong with you? You're quite aware of my feelings and you're there drooling openly on one Bomi guy that doesn't even give you any attention!"

"Really?" She giggled before she continued. "Wow. This coming from you is so surprising because I wonder what your business is, in the matter at hand."

"Oh. It's none of my business. Me? Your–"

"My what! No, my what!"

No reply.

"Oh, now you get it?" Demilade said to him. "When are you going to do the right thing? I confessed my feelings to you since and you did too, so why you haven't made this thing official is what I don't get."

"Really? It's all about making it official? That's why you're going after someone else?"

"I'm not going after him. Crushing on a person is normal and not all serious and it'll leave after a period of time, so–"

"Oh, really? What about me? What exactly do you feel for me?"

"I have a crush on you. What else?"

"Oh, wow. And it'll go after a short period of time too, yeah?"

"I didn't say that. I said crushes will–"

"Yeah, I get it. The feelings you have for me will also fade over a little period of time right? Oh, fine."

Demilade sighed. "Demmie, calm down. What I'm saying is that the crush I have for–"

Demmie cut in. "Don't bother. I totally understand. That's why I haven't asked you out yet."

"What the. . . hell did you just say?!"