I looked at Jeungguk and he just nodded. What was I supposed to understand from that nod? This bunny alone knows.

"But both the hyungs wanted to come for the next matches onwards. Before entering the ring, Joon hyung had only one thing to tell me. 'I will be your polaris. You can get hurt but remember your very purpose of being here. It is to relieve the anger. I will always be there with you to guide you and right now I am guiding you to your victory.'" And with that a tear had left my eyes.

I really missed spending those times with hyung. If only I had known that it was going to be short-lived and that we would both have our own busy lives to look after, I would have cherished them more.

A tap on my shoulder reminded me of my present condition. With a silent promise of talking to Joon hyung once we go back, I continued the past further.

"and guess what Jeungguk. I actually won that match and so did Jimin. Like I said, from then we won every match and Joon hyung was present in all the matches up until then. One lucky thing is that however the fixtures were decided, Jimin and I were never against each other till date. The bruises were always there and some even went as far as to leave a scar but with Minho hyung's help, they all faded away."

I turned to look at him. "That time, I was talking to hyung about my last match with this boy named Mingyu. He was a beginner and it was very evident but yet his match was fixed with me. I have no idea about the intentions behind it, but I am sure it isn't a good one. that was why I had to talk to Minho hyung about it. To make sure no trouble comes my way."

After waiting for a while, I received no reaction from Jeungguk. "That is all I have to say. Is there anything in specific that you want to know about?"

"Who was the first person you fought with?"

"Oh! The first person was actually a professional boxer at that time. He was feared amongst everyone in the ring because he was known to be ruthless. No one really knew how he actually looked like without the face shield since he always entered and left with it. But he is currently Chim and I's couch. Choi Yeonjun."

"The first person you won against?" I sulked a bit because he didn't react to the previous answer as well. That was a proud moment for us both best friends. The honour of getting to know Choi Yeonjun personally, and moreover gaining him as our coach was a privelage known to none yet.

Leave it. Only the one's with boxing background would know about how much of a legend he was. What did I even expect from this coconut anyway.

Feeling slightly upset over it, I decided to give short answer for the next question. "High school senior, Jung Haneul. (the name is made up cause I am running out of ideas right now for new names! Any recommendations please give it to me!!)"

"The person you last fought with before the incident?"

"Min Soojin."

"The person who you felt was the strongest opponent?"

Now this was getting annoying. Does he really want the answer or what? He doesn't react for them anyway.

Internally cursing on the coconut, I replied, "Choi Seojoon. If you are done, then I am going."

"Where?"

And with that I left. I couldn't handle being in there anymore. It was such an important part in my life and how could he not react at all. Does he not know the amount of happiness it brings?

Whatever. It doesn't matter.

And with that last thought, I entered the nearest convenience store to get the necessary items for making lunch. Not wanting to face him for the rest of the day, I decided to call Chimchim and ask him about how his interrogation went. Hopefully, at least hyung was easy on him.

JJK

"Oh mi amore! You are bac- " I couldn't complete the sentence because Taehyung, just kept the groceries and started cooking without paying any attention to me.

What is going on?

And that's when I heard his conversation. "Oh really? Hyung is supporting you! Aah, Jim-jam, you are so lucky to have hyung!-...- no no no. of course we should take hyung with us to one of the matches. Hopefully that is not the match we are paired up against each other.-...- oh gawd no Jiminie, that would be a scene to watch for the others. How would we be able to fight each other? That is my worst nightmare!- ... - oh about him, I don't know. I haven't really talked to him about it yet.- ...- cause I felt like you were going to get something from hyung today. Call it soulmates instincts!" and with that I heard him laugh.

Ugh, why is this happening again?

I went behind him and hugged him. usually he would smile at me and kiss my cheeks to show that he noticed me, but today he just ignored. He acted as if he hadn't even seen me. he continued talking to Jimin and then after a while it was Yoongi hyung!

After an hour, finally when the food was ready, he decided to hang up the call. Though he was feeding me like he does everytime, I could realise that something was wrong.

"Are you going to tell me what is wrong?"

"Nothing Jeon. Eat and get to bed early today. We have somewhere to be and it is going to be a long day tomorrow." He said and with that he just got up and left.

THIRD POV

Amidst all this chaos, the younger failed to notice that Taehyung had skipped his meal. It was a habit formed when he was upset. He skipped all his meals while he was upset and it usually required Namjoon to come and coax him into forgetting. Cause it was usually because of him that the younger was upset.

Before locking the door, Taehyung popped his head out to the direction of Jeungguk and said. "Be mentally prepared, cause what you are going to witness tomorrow isn't going to be nice." And with that the door shut, with a confused Jeungguk standing outside.

The elder had not locked the door though, knowing the younger might sneak into his room later at night. Yes, he was upset, but no, he wasn't going to carelessly leave his husband unattended to.

Even though Taehyung already knows the truth, he still was worried and nervous for the next day. He was also mentally preparing himself for being able to handle Jeungguk. This would provide his husband with the much needed closure but not in the way he was expecting.

Sighing, he went into deep slumber, leaving his worries to the god's to look after. After a few hours, as Taehyung had thought, he felt his husband sneaking in and snuggling up against the elder.

"I don't know what you meant when you said that baby. But I hope everything goes well tomorrow. And I know it will, cause I have you by my side. But will you tell me why you are upset?" it was the last thing he heard Jeungguk mutter, before Taehyung went into an even deeper slumber.

--

heyy taekoos

the chapter is longer than usual i guess? i don't know but i think it was a necessary chapter. why? idk that either maybe in the future we would know...

and why would jungkook take something this important so carelessly? what were his entire intentions of asking? is he going to be supportive?

taetae_wuves_gukkie heyooooo

saranghae. until next chapter.

~ice💙