"I could have gotten rid of him, but instead, I brought him here. I don't want trouble with the Shadowhunters. " Raphael glanced down at Simon's body as if he recalled a memory, he shook his head, looking up at the Shadowhunters, "I warned the mundane to stay away, but Camille gave him a taste of her own blood, and like an addict, he came back wanting more."

Clary scoffed in utter disbelief. She couldn't understand how the vampire was blaming this on defenseless Simon and wasn't he the one who kidnapped him in the first place, "The only reason Simon ever tasted Camille's blood is because of you! You kidnapped him! You drug him to the Hotel Du Mort. You... You delivered him to Camille!"

"I never meant for this to happen."

Clary threw her arms around Sam, burying her head in her sister's shoulder, seeking comfort from her only sibling; she let the tears stream down her face unable to stop the guilt and the grief she was feeling, Sam wrapped her arm around her sister's fragile body patting her back comfortingly.

"There is a way." Raphael started. Clary pulled away from the blonde, wiping at her eyes uselessly as the tears kept their burning path on her cheek, "A way, what?" Jace wondered, his eyes narrowed and focused on the vampire.

"A way to bring Simon back." As soon as Raphael uttered those words, the redhead lept for her question as if there was a ray of sunshine in the darkness she was feeling, "You can do that? How? How?"

"He's a fledgling. It's a state of transition. Your friend can be resurrected."

Jace and Izzy showed their resent of the idea as soon as Raphael finished, Clary was met with disapproving looks and words, but she ignored them, putting her focus on the vampire who was offering a way for Simon not to be dead, "So I could have Simon back? Alive and breathing?" She couldn't believe what she was hearing, watching the vampire in astonishment.

"That's just it. He won't return alive or breathing. He'll be a vampire." Izzy said, spitting the words in disdain. Jace followed her with a nod of his head, "And not the sexed-up, romantic kind. The ugly, bloodsucking, coffin-dwelling kind."

"That's offensive," Raphael remarked, crossing his arms, annoyed at what Jace implied about being a vampire.

"Really?"

"Coffin implies a wooden box. We have caskets now. They're made of 14-karat gold."

"My bad."

Raphael shook his head, turning to the sisters, "It's almost sunrise. Simon must be turned into a vampire tonight or staked through the heart."

It was Sam's turn to ask the questions, "And if we do neither?" She was sure she didn't want to hear the alternative but not knowing would be worse, "His soul will be trapped for eternity. You have till sunset to decide. The clock is ticking."

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there. This is all my fault." Clary muttered in Simon's ear, holding his hand tightly whilst drops of her tears fell on his body. Sam sighed, putting her hand on Clary's shoulder, "Clary, this isn't your-"

Clary whirled on the blonde, shaking her head vigorously, not allowing Sam to continue her sentence, knowing what she'd say, "No, it is! If it weren't for me, Simon would have never even known about the Shadow World. He would never have been kidnapped by vampires. He wouldn't have met Camille. He would... He wouldn't be dead."

"Fledgling. He's in transition." Raphael remarked, but he was paid no mind by either one in the room as Clary continued, "And now I am left with two reprehensible choices. And I can't figure out which one is worse." She turned to the vampire, "If I, uh... if I bury Simon... what are the risks?"