CHAPTER 15: The Rift

AUGUSTINE'S POV

After my royal etiquette lesson this morning, I rode one of my husband's cars going to the Spiral Treetop Walkway. Until now, we haven't talked about what happened yesterday. I slept in the other vacant bedroom, I hope my actions are clear as water that  I don't want that woman in the palace again. Three hours had passed, when I arrived at my destination I was amused by the 140 meters treetop. Wearing a Tiffany Rose Sienna dress with a classic boat neckline and a wonderful drape in an exquisite Ponte Roma jersey, this Sienna is fit and flatter my baby bump paired with a heeled black leather boots.

When I reached at the top, I was astonished by the Denmark's nature has to offer. The view is magnificent. I stayed in the area for thirty minutes when I felt someone is watching me. "Come out." I said. The guy that I suspected that's following me went closer to me.

"Your Royal Highness." He replied as he bowed at me.

"Do you know? In my country, any person who is convicted of stalking will be punished with the sentence of six months and one day to six years of imprisonment. You should be grateful we are not in the Philippines or else you will find me, suing you. What do you want?" I stared at the man facing at me.

"Sorry Deres Højhed, but I just need to inform you that His Royal Highness, Prince Felix is on his way here Ma'am." He answered.

"Oh really? So I guess I need to go home now. Call the Prince that I will go back home." I started walking back down to this Treetop.

Arriving to the Rococo-style palace, I immediately made my way to the bedroom. I sat down on the couch and starting to examine the English books I just asked from the maid. After hours of reading, I stood up from the couch, was about to lay in the bed when the door suddenly opened. I know who's this rude person who just appeared in my bedroom.

"Hi!" I cheerfully said. 

"August, where were you?" He asked, I know he's trying to control his anger now. "So, the gossips are right. His Royal Highness is indeed looking for his pregnant wife, whom busy leisure herself somewhere in Copenhagen. I thought the Prince just want the presence of his architect slash his ex-lover." I sarcastically argued. I heard him sighed and went closer to me.

"Are you accusing me that I still have feelings for Ana?" He is now looking at me in the eyes, but I should not lose this argument. 

"If the shoe fits." I gasped when I felt a sharp pang in my belly. 

"Kærlighed? Are you all right? You look so pale, is your stomach in pain?"

"I...I just want to..." I didn't finish my word when my vision suddenly went black.

"So, where are you from, kære?" The Queen asked me.

"I am from the Philippines, Ma'am. In the island of Mindanao." I  stopped in slicing my steak and answered Felix' grandmother. My peripheral vision caught  how the woman beside Felix' father glanced at me. Doesn't she like me?

"Felix said that we are in the same age, fremtidig svigerinde. So you're three years older to my brother." Nikolai added.

"So Felix is just like you before, Joachim. You both like older women." That's it. The woman who just glanced me earlier just spoke. I knew there's something wrong here. I  wasn't able to reply to her statement because I'm starting to control my mouth, I better stop talking or else I will use too much profanity here.

"Do you have any problem with the idea of marrying older women, Marie?"  Now, my future mother-in-law is talking. I know she will react about this, she's been in my place before she married Felix' father, Prince Joachim.

"I don't have any problem with that, Alexandra. Felix, did Ana know you're going married?" So, she like's Ana than me, okay, as if I care.

"No Ma'am, I don't even have any plans to talk to her again. Even before I met Augustine, we're not together anymore Ma'am."  He defended.

"Please, eat well and stop talking about a person whose not even here." The Queen spoke again, I guess she already thinks what will be the result of the further interrogation Princess Marie will say.