Chapter 12: STORY CLIMAX

Harry kissed me and got down on one knee. 

"Maverick, I think you're undesribably beautiful." He said. 

Joy filled my heart, but regret and concern filled my head. "H-Harry, we've only been dating a few . . . A few . . . We aren't even dating!" 

Harry shook his head, and pulled out the velvety blue box. "None of that matters, Mav! None of it! You are what matters to me, and all I want is to do one thing with you." 

My eyes widened, and he took my hand in his. "The only thing I want in this world is to be your husband and have your hand in marriage." 

"Harry, we aren't dating."

"Love isn't blocked by simple facts." 

"Nigga!" 

"I am asking you a serious question, please answer it seriously. I would give the world and more to have you be my world. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. I am desperately, madly in love with you." 

I looked away from his eyes and around the high school gym where my class mates had gathered. They watched intently like we were a reality television show, but you know what? It was none of their business. 

"I don't know what to say." I answered honestly, reconnecting my eyes to Harry's. 

"Maverick . . . You are the last thing in my life that matters." Harry said, looking deeply into my eyes, searching for a love signal. "Maverick." His voice cracked, and a tear filled his beautiful bright eyes. 

I stared into those eyes. I thought about what my mom would say. 

***

Ten minutes later, I was fucking Harry in the back of his car. 

Unprotected. This was the worst decision of my life, but also the best. 

We were engaged, anyways. Why do I care? We had each other's hands in marriage. We would be married in a few months. 

Who cares if I'm pregnant? I only had a few years left of high school anyways. Sure, I won't be able to cheer, but oh well. 

***

Harry was talking to my mom later that night. 

"Maverick, what the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, girl? Is this how I raised you?" My mom yelled. Harry sighed frustratedly. "I love your daughter, can't you see? She loves me back!" 

My mom sighed. "Well . . . I guess I'll think about it."

Harry secretly fist bumped me over the table. We were in love! We were going to get married!

***

My mother shook her head. "Maverick, how could you do such a thing? The two of you aren't married yet, you are so irresponsible." She scolded. 

"I'm sorry, mom. I didn't think this could happen to me." I said as I looked down at the positive pregnancy test. 

She sighed. "You're a failure." She said, beginning to cry. I rubbed her back. "It's okay, mom. I'll be okay." 

"You're 15, you idiot! Fifteen and pregnant! What the hell is wrong with you?" She yelled, and broke down into more tears. 

"You'll come around. I'll let you choose the name." I assured her, smiling. 

My mom sniffled. "R-Really?" She asked. I nodded, smiling warmly. "Alright. Maybe I'll think about it." I smiled at her response. My mother was a good mother. 

***

It was the day of the wedding. My ex from high school showed up. "Hey, bitch!" He yelled. Harry got in a fight and was put in the hospital. I cried and cried. 

Also, tests showed that he was on drugs. "No!" I yelled. "No, no, no!"

I cried. '**'

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd find out." Harry said honestly. I cried into his shoulder. "You lied to me!"

"Forgive me." 

"Never!"

"C'mon, I said I was sorry. Please??"

"Um . . . I guess. BEcause we have a baby adn I love you unconditionally, weed boy or not."

"Your the best, Maverick."

"You're the stoner, Harry."

***

I was 80. Harry was dead. 

My child was 64 and a millionaire. I was so proud of her. 

I died a happy woman. Widow.