Chapter 2

"Maverick meet me in my office please." Coach whispered in my ear as he strutted to his office.

My face went pale.

"Mav? You okay?" Max asked

"Uh.. Coach wants to see me in his office." I muttered turning on my heel heading to his office

"Have fun!" He replied, hearing the grin is his voice

I dont want to do this

I took a deep breath and reached for the door knob turning it slowly. When i walked in i saw him at his desk fiddling with a cheer athletics snow globe on his desk.

"Hello maveric." He sneered grinning.

"Have a seat."

I sat in a chair on the opposite side of the desk.

"Well. When you arrived here at cheer athletics i was impressed. I wasnt expecting someone that comes from such a small team to have so much skill."

Well then

"Thank you."

"Im not done yet." He sassed

"I have been noticing you improving every day. But the past few days youve been slipping. Badly. Now. I have a question."

Oh shit

"Yes sir?" I said nervousness evident in my voice. I tried my best to hide it because coaches like them can practically smell fear.

"Would you like to stay here at cheer athletics."

My eyes widened. Tears pricked at the corners of them but i refused to let them fall. I need to show im strong. I can stand up to him.

"O-of course i do. This is my biggest dream coming true. It was a huge opportunity. Im not gonna give it up. I can give up cheer and my biggest dreams" i said. Well maybe besides meeting one direction but i wasnt going to say that.

"Okay. You sound like you mean it. I trust that today, your last practice before we go to worlds you will straighten up your act and you can perform and worlds."

Oh

My

God.

I thought i was getting kicked off.

Wait, he was thinking about taking me out of worlds.

I dont care. IM BACK IN!

I jumped from my seat attacking my coach in a bear hug

"THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANYOU!"

"Yeah yeah now go get your cheering butt out there and stretch." He replied with a wink.

I walked out of the office with the biggest grin on my face. Once i spotted max i tackled him into a hug.

"LETS GO STRETCH MAXMILLION!" I was overjoyed.

"Woah woah woah what got you so happy? Your acting like you just saw harry styles naked" he said rolling his eyes

"OH MAN I WISH!" I yelled drawing attention. Oh well. Time to stretch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all sat down in a large half circle with our coaches in the middle. Time for the worlds rules. Funn.

I sat inbetween max and sam holding both of their hands.

The coaches went on and on about how we cant wander off into any parts of florida or disney without someone with us at all times and no "embarrassing the team" pshhh. I would never.

Practice was let out as coach was yelling " 3:30 AM SHARP DONT BE LATE OR ELSE IM SERIOUS."

"MAXXY SAMMY COME TO MY HOUSE WHEN YOUR DONE PACKING WE CAN HAVE A BEFORE WORLDS PARTAYYY!!!"

"Ill be there!" Max yelled flashing million dollar smile.

"Me too! Give me about 4 hours and ill finish pack at your place!"

"Kay guys see ya later!"

Truth is.

I was developing a small crush on max.

Hes perfect.

But he was practically my brother

Ugh. This sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four hours later my two bestfriends arrived at my house.

We all marched down stairs and looked at eachother and all at the same time we yelled "BRING IT ON MOVIE MARATHON!"

We watched about 3 of the movies and decided we should go to bed. We had to be up in like 5 hours. Oops.

I laid out blankets for everyone to sleep on and we all snuggled close together.

It wasnt awkward until max wrapped an arm around my waist. There blows my chance of getting any sleep