They've Got Plans

James, Sirius, Remus and Peter had gotten considerably close over the past few days. Remus was the level headed one that would hold the rest of them from crossing the limit although he failed many times in doing so. James and Sirius would come up with the stupidest ideas and Remus would somehow manage to make them less nonsensical. Peter... um... Peter didn't really do much other than tag along and cheer for James and Sirius. He was a bit inactive to say the least.

"Have you finished that essay on transfiguration?" asked Remus one day in the Gryffindor common room.

"Oh no..." said Sirius pretending to have forgotten.

"Oh dear..." said James as he continued their façade.

"O-Oh m-my..." said Peter though he seemed to be actually terrified.

Remus rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"I'm not helping you idiots this time," he said firmly, "You've already copied my potions essay."

James and Sirius started pleading desperately and pulling at Remus's robes when he finally got tired of their nagging and got up.

"FINE! But this is the last time! I swear if you don't do your own work next time and beg me to help you out, trust me I most definitely will not!" he said and slammed his essay on the table. Sirius and James grinned shamelessly as Remus marched off.

"That's what he said last time," whispered James.

"Yeah. Lupin may be smart but blimey is he gullible," said Sirius chuckling as he quickly sat down to copy Remus's essay.

"Hey when are we going to pull that prank on Snivellus?" asked James, a few minutes into 'writing' the essay.

"No worries, I haven't forgotten yet."

"Well?"

"How about today?"

James gave him a thumbs-up and got back to the essay.

Soon they had finished the essay and were checking if they'd made it too obvious that it was copied from Remus.

"All done!" said Sirius.

"Yeah, now come on let's go."

"Where to?"

"Dunno. Let's find Remus and Peter and then we can carry out our little plan," said James with a mischievous grin.

Sirius nodded eagerly and said, "Snape's in for a treat."