The Party - Matt

So I'm in Den's room, and holy -(I'm about to think a bad word)- crap.
"This has gotta be the cleanest your room has ever been." Matt said in a state of disbelief.
"Yeah.... It wasn't easy to get this way." Dennise laughed.
"I can imagine. Wait, " I turned to look at her "why did you clean your room up? We're not going to spend much time in here once the party actually starts."
"I know! I-I just....." Dennise trailed off.
A pause.
"I just wanted things to be put away in case anyone came in thinking it was the bathroom or something! I don't know..."
They laughed a bit and we're sitting on Dennise's tan bedroom carpet with their palms to the floor and their legs straight out in front of them.
"Dennise?"
"Yeah?"
"Are you okay?"
"Huh? Um. Y-yeah, I'm okay. Just a bit nervous about having people in my house. But I'm okay." A breath. "Are you okay?"
"W-what? Y-yeah. Yeah.. I'm. I'm fine." My voice squeaked. I was not fine. I was slowly bleeding out from a spot where there should never be blood. Ever.
"Matt." She was suddenly serious. "You are an awesome guy and an even better friend. I'm glad you're here." She smiled.
How did she? How?
There was another pause.
I sighed a long breath.
"Thanks Den. I really needed that."
"I know."
I opened my mouth to say something. But I drew a blank and closed it again. I probably looked like one of those fishies my mommy looks at all day for work. Fish mouth. I started laughing at the thought. Fish mouth.
"Heh!"
Den was looking at me like I really did have a fish mouth. That made it even funnier! I burst out laughing and at my laughter Dennise did too.
"Why.. *chuckle* are we.... *snicker snicker* laughing!? Hahaha!" She managed to get out between fits of giggles and laughter.
"B-beca-because... Hahaha.. fish face! Hahaha!" I cackled out.
We finally started to calm down from our laughter. But took one look at each other and burst out all over again.
It was during this second fit of nonsensical laughter that we heard the doorbell ring. At the sound we stopped laughing. Looked at each other, bit back the laughs and raced each other to the door.
Someone was here!

Word Count: 397
_____________________________
A/N
Hey! *Hides from the onslaught of pillows behind another pillow* I know I know. I'm alive! I could give you the ol' school excuse, but honestly I've just had the worst writer's block. And a recent lack of motivation. Don't worry though! Thanks to opening up Wattpad at midnight this morning to see a load of new comments and compliments on my story that I came up with running on two hours of sleep and insomnia. It gave me a rush of motivation and I finally wrote this chapter. I can't say that I'm exactly happy with it, but at least it's there. I also have no idea how long it will take me to write the next chapter after this. I wrote myself into the birthday party hole and I don't know how to write that so I'm stuck. Anyway you know who you are! Thank you so much for the motivation! I love you all and please keep the comments coming.
~your slow author