Four

As much as I loved to goof off and have fun, education was always important to me and my parents. I'd worked my ass off since freshman year to get a strong GPA. 

But trying to stay on top of school was so much harder on top of working a part-time job. I had to make it work if I didn't want to spend the rest of my life digging myself out of student loan debt.

Plus I wanted to make my parents and grandparents proud so if staying up until three in the morning to study was what it took then so be it.

At least I had the football game to look forward to.

Well, I didn't care too much about football but I wanted to have fun with my friends.

Kinsley lived about fifteen minutes away from me in a large brick house with a half-moon driveway. I learned that she was the only girl out of three children so she had everything.

Her older brother was a junior at Georgetown and her youngest brothers were ten-year-old identical twins.

Kinsley's room reminded me of my old room.

It was pink and frilly with antique dolls that were pretty yet creepy as hell.

"Is everyone excited about homecoming?" Kinsley asked us as she straightened her hair.

"This is my first homecoming dance." I admitted.

All of their eyes got big and their jaws dropped.

"Are you serious?" Emery's eyes practically bulged out of her head.

I finished applying my mascara. "We didn't have a football team so we never had a dance. Only a prom for seniors. I've seen them in movies and tv shows before."

"Well, then we have to make your first and last homecoming special." Ivy retorted. "Are there any guys you wanna bring?"

"Mila might be able to set up with some of Adler's friends and associates. They're all super cute." Kinsley mentioned.

Adler was Mila's boyfriend who was tall and blonder. He was also on the basketball team with Brennan and I'm pretty sure they sat at the same lunch table.

"Speaking of Adler's friends, Ryan I noticed how Brennan pulled you to the side." Gabby brought up. "Is there something going on there?"

I laughed as I shook my head. "I've known Brennan since I was seven or eight years old. Our vacation houses were right next door to each other."

Ivy shrugged. "You two would be cute together, you know for homecoming."

Not going to lie, I was happy that she put that picture into my head. It would be nice to go with him.

A cute little moment if you will.

But I didn't wanna push him too hard or seem like a clingy and needy girl. Especially after he was trying to help me solve my family's drama.

We finished getting ready for the football game, stopped at McDonald's for a snack, and then we headed back to Alderidge Academy for the game. They went all out for football games.

It was so weird to be in the bleachers screaming chants with my classmates. For the longest, it seemed like something that only happened in the media and not to me.

Maybe there was a silver lining to everything because I actually had fun. It looked like Logan was having fun with her friends too which made me even happier.

"I'm going to go spend the night at Hailey's house." Logan pulled me to the side. "Her mom is going to take us out for a girl's day tomorrow. You know, lunch and shopping."