Six

- Brennan's POV - 

The worst thing about senior year was trying to figure out what college to go to and if it had my parents' approval. The fact that my parents were elitist pricks didn't help my stress level. 

I remember when Cameron didn't get into Yale, they acted like his life was over. Lucky for him, he got an offer to play ball at Wake Forest.  

The pressure was on since my parents acted like this was a matter of life or death

"Brennan, what you finished your college essays?" my mom poked her head into my room

I looked up from my phone. "Not yet."

"Well Brenda needs to proofread them by next Sunday" she put her hand on her hip. "Maybe if you got off of your damn phone you would be done by now."

Typical parent response.

"Ryan is about to come over to do our history project so I need to know where she is." I informed her.

Her face scrunched up. "Do not let this girl ruin your college chance."

"She's coming over to do our history project. She's helping me to get into college." I scoffed.

"Just get on your shit. I mean it." my mom closed my bedroom door.

So fucking weird.

I walked downstairs to meet Ryan who came skipping out of her cry.

"Hi, Brenny." Ryan gave me a side hug. "Are you ready to make a historical resume on Alexander Hamilton?"

I loved that she always smelt like roses, that she gave the best hugs, and her hair was always so soft.

"Of course. I've been looking forward to doing this." I said with my tone dripping in sarcasm. 

We went upstairs into the game room, opened our google Docs, and got to work. Ryan and I ended up finishing our project in an hour.

"We should bold his name in a different font to polish things off." Ryan suggested.

"Maybe I should get you to do my resume." I joked. "If you get me into Yale my mother will love you for it."

Ryan looked me in the eyes. "I can do it if you want. Make it all nice and fluffy and you'll be able to call yourself a bulldog."

The door to the game room opened and there stood my mom. I didn't even know what snarky comment was about to leave her mouth.

"Hello Ryan." she began as I rubbed my temple. "You've grown up so beautifully."

"Thank you Valerie." Ryan gave her a small smile.

I looked at my mom. "Do you need anything?"

"No, I was just wondering if Ryan wanted to stay for dinner." she glanced at Ry who was looking at me.

I just shrugged and gave her a nod.

"I'd love to." Ryan gave in.

"Amazing!" my mom exclaimed. "We're having four-cheese ravioli and garlic bread. I think that you'll like it."

She left the room and closed the door behind her.

"Is she making ravioli because I'm Italian?" Ryan joked.

"I wouldn't put it past her." I sighed. "Speaking of moms, did you ever find anything in the journal?"

Ryan closed her laptop and looked at me. "Yeah."