Chapter 3

The next few days you tried not to think of Ron and the dream. You were avoiding him and you didn't know why. You guessed you were just nervous that he knew about the dream.

Occasionally, you would see him and Lavender walking down the hall, joking and laughing. You were jealous and it was bothering you. You had never been this jealous over someone, definitely someone you thought you didn't like. You don't like the feeling, it makes you feel guilty. Why am I jealous over Ron being happy? You think.

Passing time between classes you, Hermione, and Ginny were all talking in the library.

"I don't know, I don't think I like him. Even if I did, he's obviously happy with Lavender. It wouldn't make a difference." I said looking at the two.

"Y/N, I never told you this before. Maybe I should now." Ginny says.

"What?" You say curiously.

"Ron used to talk about you all the time. He always told me how much he wanted to write to you during summer but he thought it'd be awkward." She looks at you with a sorrowful kind of look.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?" You ask.

"I guess I just didn't find it relevant at the time. I don't know, I just know he probably liked you at some point. I can figure out if he still does for you." She says looking at you.

"No, it's fine. He looks happy." You say, trying not to let it show that you were a little sad.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. If you need to talk we are here. Plus who even knows if he likes Lavender. She's weird." Hermione says, taking a break from reading.

"You have a point but they're always laughing together and walking together. Anyways I have to go to class so I'll see you guys at lunch." You walk off.

On the way to class, you can't help but think about Ron. What if he doesn't like Lavender like that? What if they're just friends? You don't know.

"Y/N, wait up!" You hear a familiar voice.

You look at the person coming up beside you and it's Ron. Oh fuck.

"Hey, Ron." You look up but quickly back down.

"I feel like you've been avoiding me, is everything alright?" He says as he stops walking.

"Everything's fine, I've just been- umm- busy." You say quickly trying to think of a lie. "With s-studying."
That's believable enough. Right?

"Oh.. well um do you wanna hang out sometime?" He asks nervously.

"I don't wanna take up your time, you don't have to hang out with me." You laugh while looking down.

He places a finger on your chin, guiding up your face to look at his. "I asked, silly."

His hands are so soft. You felt like you could melt in his hands with a single touch.

You felt confused a little. He comes off as flirtatious but you're wondering if you are just reading into it to much.

"Sure. Wanna go to Hogsmeade on Saturday?" You say.

"Of course. Meet me out front at 10am?" He looks at you smiling.

"Yeah, I'll be there." You smile back.

You realize you're late to class. Professor Snape is not going to be happy.

You walk into class and without turning around Snape says "You're late, Y/N. Again."

You see Lavender with her friends giggling at you and whispering. Great. You think. The only open seat is by Lavender and her friends. You're not sure if you can deal with this today.