Chapter 12

You wake up in Ron's arms and it's still dark out. You manage to slip from his grasp without waking him. You gently open the bedroom door and slip out to head towards the bathroom.

"Y/N." You hear a voice whisper.

Looking around for a second you spot Fred, you start to walk towards him. "Yeah?" You reply.

"What are you doing up?" He asks, you can't see well because it's dark, but he looks distressed, worried even.

"Bathroom, you?" You say, asking back.

"Can't sleep." He replies.

Deciding you can wait to go to the bathroom you and Fred walk downstairs to sit on the couch and talk for a bit.

"How was your night?" You ask Fred.

"Painfully boring." He says. "I have a good guess on how your night went." He says, chuckling.

"Yeah, it was nice." You say back to him. "Are you okay though?"

"I don't know. I-I need someone to talk to." He says with a sense of sorrow to his voice. "I think I messed up, Y/N." He's trying to keep his composure, but you can tell he's upset.

"What happened?" You say, concerned. "You can tell me anything, you know that right?"

"I know." He replies. "Which is why, when I tell you this, you'll be the only one who knows. Not even George knows."

You take a deep breath and gulp, nervously waiting for what Fred has to say next. "I think I got someone pregnant." He blurts out.

"Fred.. I-I'm sorry." You say, placing a hand on his back. "But who?" You know Fred isn't a virgin, obviously. But he's never been exclusive with anybody.

"Katie Bell." He mumbles. "We weren't even together when it happened, we just messed around once or twice."

"And.. you are sure it's yours?" You ask him, still in shock.

"She is. I just know she's slept with other people during the same time." He lets out a sigh. "I don't know."

"Well for now, let's not tell anyone until you're sure. As for the rest of this trip, try not to think about it. Deal with it when we get back to Hogwarts, alright?" You say.

"I'll try." He hugs you. "Y/N, thank you." You don't think you've ever seen him act so serious.

"Of course." You hug him back for the next few minutes, as he slightly whimpers on your shoulder.

Sometime within the past hour, Fred went to bed and you finally went to the bathroom. You feel for him, no matter if it is his child or not, you will support him.

You make your way back into Ron's room as Ginny and Harry probably fell asleep in her room and you don't want to wake them. You walk in and see Ron awake.

"Hey baby. I didn't wake you, did I?" You ask, walking in.

"No, I just woke up randomly I guess." He replies. "What were you doing up?" He asks you.

"Oh, I had to use the bathroom but ended up talking to Fred for a few minutes." You say, trying not to spill Fred's secrets to Ron. As much as you love Ron and want to tell him everything, you wouldn't want to betray Fred like that.

"Oh." He says, smiling at you. "Come here." He looks good even when he firsts wakes up, he's got cute, messy hair in the morning.

You walk over to him and sit beside him on the bed. You go in for a kiss and he kisses you back. "Thank you for last night." He says. "I love you, more than anything." He says, pulling you into an embrace.