Takanori.

N/A: POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING! 

        The nightmares were getting out of hand. Waking up, screaming at the thought of feeling hands in between my thighs. Going up and down my back and stomach. I think it's my chilling shrill that wakes me up first. On second thought, the pain my hands get when I hit them against the headboard. I woke up around 4:30am. It was later than I would usually awake from these night terrors so I must have been making some progress. At least I got a little more sleep this time. I would usually avoid going back to sleep after I awoke from them. I was lying on my side, and didn't feel the pain on my hands so I think it was my screaming that woke me up. I still hadn't opened my eyes, fearing that I wouldn't be in my home. After hearing absolute silence for longer than I could handle, I snapped my eyes open to the darkness that surrounded me. Except for small rays of the city, peering in from the half closed curtains.

        My heart was still racing from my night terror and it felt as if it wanted to push it's way through my chest. At the height of my distress, I heard a a vicious series of bangs on my front door. Scaring me, my first thought was that I had disrupted an angry neighbors sleep and they were pissed. I sat up slowly since my arms were still trembling. My ragid breathe had calmed but then I heard the bangs again. I got up quickly, ignoring my nerves and turning on the hallway light as I made my way to the door. I looked through the peep hole to see a famaliar, much needed-to-see face.

        "Akira...?" I whispered, partially questioning why he was banging at my door in the middle of the night. Then again, I was happy to see him. Running my fingers through my hair; I must've looked like a mess. I mean, I just woke up. I exhaled and opened the door but staying behind it so he wouldn't see me as much. The door opened awkwardly, feeling loose on its hinges. 

        "Taka, are you okay!?"

        "Akira, what are you doing here. You were banging on my door like you were the police, scared the shit out of me."

        "I scared you? I heard you screaming like you were...you scared me!" 

        "What the hell are you doing my building at this time anyway?" 

        "I was...worried about. I had the crazy dream and...I don't know and then when I got here to see if you were okay. I heard you screaming and I rushed over trying to break the door down but the screaming stopped and I saw the light turn on. Why are you standing behind the door? Close it." 

        "You did break my door a little by the way. But thanks for not tearing it off its hinges. But I'm okay so..." I said, still holding the door open so he would leave after this.         

        "So...?" 

        "So, you can leave...now." 

        "Taka, can we talk please? I--we haven't said a word to each other in weeks." I sighed, hoping to avoid this conversation for a little while longer. But ultimately losing, I slowly close the door and walked towards the living room. He followed me and sat across from me in an arm chair. "Okay, look, I'm sorry for breaking door I'll fix it."

        "No, it's fine. I'll call someone to get it fixed."

        "Takanori, you can't keep avoiding me. I understand what you did. I'm not mad."

        "I know, it's just that I feel bad for hurting you."

        "It doesn't help when whenever you do look at me, you look at me like I'm a wounded animal."

        "...I'm sorry..." I never noticed myself giving Akira a pity look. That must've been terrible. I sighed look over at the clock that was next to my flat screen. 4:52am. "Do you want some tea?"