He hopes to hell it's enough.

#

Shouto doesn't talk. It seems a little ridiculous to be talking to a headstone when he knows that no one is there.

Still, there's a sort of comfort he gets from visiting every few months---he never misses a holiday and even comes on his own birthday as it's the only gift that's ever worth while for him. Izuku and Eijirou always come with. Kaminari and Mina try when they're able to stomach it. Shouto doesn't blame them for not wanting to put themselves through so much torture if it can be helped.

Sero and Jirou don't visit. Momo says that even just talking about it gets Kyouka devastatingly emotional so they don't try to force her.

Nobody's heard from Hitoshi in months.

Keigo, however, does come with Shouto from time to time and  will bring the baby and Shouto's mother along with him on most days. Shouto's grateful for the company and for the support of his family.

Keigo had taken it harder than most people had expected he would. He'd been manic and hysterical, working days on end without sleeping or eating just turn over every stone that he could get his wings on in search for Katsuki. He was almost in as much denial as Shouto was and was eventually hospitalized after collapsing from exhaustion and starvation.

Enji forced him to take several months away from work to recover both mentally and physically.

Even still, Shouto can tell that Keigo's smile isn't quite as genuine and that looking at Shouto can sometimes be painful for him because it reminds him of Katsuki. He understands. He'd even told Keigo that he didn't have to force himself but Keigo insisted that he was fine and that because he cared for Shouto, he'd always be there for him. It had been nice for Rei and Keigo to become friends, especially after finding out that the baby was coming. Their family was much more melded these days.

He wishes that Katsuki was there to see it.

To be apart of it.

Instead, he settles for sitting at Katsuki's gravestone and reminiscing. It's a dangerous game---remembering the precious time they'd spent together---but for now, it would serve to make Shouto feel...

Well...anything.

"You been sleepin' okay, kiddo?"

Shouto shakes his head. He feels Keigo's fingers card through his hair. It's comforting, so Shouto allows him.

"Izuku tells me you haven't been taking your meds. Any reason why?"

Another shake of his head. Keigo sighs sharply, adjusting the baby on his hip. Akito, they'd named him.

Like Shouto had expected, he looked just like his father.

If you don't count the tiny little down feathers sprouting from his back.

"Okay. He's gonna give them to you when you get home. Will you take them for me, kiddo?"

"I...will take them."

"Thank you." Keigo leans down to press a kiss to Shouto's crown. "I just want to help you, that's all. I'm if it feels like we're forcing you---"

"No. It's better that you do force me. If you don't, then I won't be inclined to do what I need to do in order to recover properly. You're only doing what's best for me." Shouto assures him as he stands from his seat in front of the memorial. If he doesn't make himself leave, he'll sit there all day until he's managed to overthink himself into an episode.

His eyes trail down to look his younger brother in the eyes---he's still a bit surprised that Akito had been born with heterochromia as well. His PTSD gets the best of him most days, often seeing a reflection of himself within the young boy's eyes. He knows that his father has changed for the most part---that Akito isn't in any danger---but sometimes he gets anxious when he sees his father holding him.