Cause I Think You're So Good

A/N: sort of a filler? adding a "new" baby to the mix ft. Overprotective Tetsu~

"You...think this a good idea?"

Tetsutetsu looks a lot more nervous than even Katsuki does about bringing another little into the mix, mostly because he thinks the entire ordeal is going to end in imminent disaster via Katsuki's social awkwardness and Eijirou's slight paternal pushiness.

The redhead waves him off.

"Nah, it's fine."

"Yeah, dude, totally fine." Kaminari agrees. "Besides, Kats is used to Mirio now and we trust his judgement."

"Well, yeah but...have any of you even met this kid?"

"Why does that matter, Tetsu?"

"Cause he's a stranger?"

"So were you before we met."

"I'm not a socially anxious four year old with a communication impairment." 

"It's only a slight impairment; he can communicate with other kids just fine! Besides, I do know the kid---on a personal level. He and Kats have quite a bit in common."

Tetsu rolls his eyes, stepping out of the way as Kaminari continues to set out a bunch of Katsuki's favorite toys and games on the living room carpet. Katsuki is settled tightly against Eijirou's hip, thumb in his mouth as anxiety slowly settles in his bones. Although, there is a bit of excitement there, too. He trusts Eiji-nii, after all.

He just hopes that this new person is...nice.

Nicer than Itejiro.

"Alright, alright, fine. I'm just worried about the little one." Tetsu caves with a sigh, brushing his thumb over Katsuki's red and blotchy cheeks.

"You okay, buddy?"

Katsuki nods hesitantly and Tetsu smiles.

"It's okay to be a little scared with new people. It's perfectly normal. And you can tell either of us at any time if you're too scared and don't want to play with the other kid anymore, okay?"

Katsuki's smile returns to him just the slightest and he nods again in affirmation, though he has no intentions of being a crybaby.

"O-Okay!"

"G'boy!" He ruffles Katsuki's hair. "When are they going to get here, again?"

As if on cue, the doorbell rings and Eijirou clicks his tongue with a grin.

"Sounds like right about now. Take the baby for me, dude?"

"Sure." Tetsu agrees and takes Katsuki as he's passed to him and Eijirou pads over to their front door. The steel-quirked boy can feel Katsuki shaking ever so slightly in his arms and his nervousness becomes inevitably contagious, so he begins to lightly bounce him on his hip to help soothe them both.

"It's okay, kiddo. Nothin' bad is gonna happen while I'm here---"

"Wow, Kirishima! He is a real cutie!"

Katsuki startles and curls into Tetsu at the sound of Mirio's booming voice, Eijirou pivoting around to face the energetic blonde from where he's closing and locking the door behind him. The older blonde is grinning ear to ear, per usual, and something about it seems to force Tetsutetsu to smile, too. Togata has always had that affect on people.

"Togata-senpai! Nice to see you. How have you been?"

His smile broadens impossibly and he shoots Tetsu a thumbs up.