Chapter 31 -Not hungry-

"Leave me aloneee." I whine with my head face down on the table.

"Will you please eat breakfast, you look like a stick." Adrian  pushes my plate in front of me and I turn my head.

"For the last time Adrian I am not hungry." I mutter.

"I think she's going on a diet or something." Graham speaks up.

"There is no bloody diet, I just don't want to shove toast down my throat."

"Fine, wallow in misery but don't do it while I'm trying to eat." Adrian sighs.

"Then I guess I'll just leave." I push myself off the bench and walk out of the great hall. My stomach was not in the mood for food at the moment since my task needed to be completed today. Adrian and Graham were right that I hadn't been eating but I just couldn't possibly even think of stuffing myself when there was so much to do. Sure my clothes were becoming too big on me and my figure looked sickly but that was the price of being the dark lords follower.

Another factor adding to my horrible state was that Sirius had still made no attempts of contacting me whatsoever. Normally, I wouldn't make such a fuss about the matter but I had overheard Harry talking to himself last night in the library. Apparently, Sirius was in contact with him and they were actually planning on talking to each other soon.
Woohoo! As if I didn't already feel like shit, that just made me want to curl up in a ball and die.

I had been sending numerous letters to Sirius in hopes that he might respond to just one, but no he was too busy chatting it up with Harry. Sure, it was a secret that I was his daughter but talking to his godson was just as dangerous nonetheless. Besides, it was also not a well  known fact about Harry's relationship with Sirius and not many knew that Harry was his godson. Though somehow Sirius took the risk of contacting Harry instead of his own bloody daughter. So, you could say I was a little more than pissed at the moment, but then again when was I not these days.

"Oi! Snake wait up!" Fred Weasley shouts from behind me. I quicken my pace  as he attempts to catch up to me. Unfortunately, he was fit so it didn't take long until we were side by side.

"What do you want from me?" I sigh.

"I just wanted to see if you were going to Hogsmeade today." He says in between breaths, still trying to compose himself after running.

"What the actual fuck ." I reply, staring at him heatedly.

"I just wanted to make sure you aren't going to go after George and I while at Hogsmeade because of the other night." The Weasley remarks.

"Listen here Weasel, I am done. I am done with your tricks and pointless arguments. After the other night I am just trying to forget your existence in general. So unless you have come to miraculously apologize or get your face pummeled I am going to leave." I snap and walk away.

Honestly, who did this prick think he was? The other night he was so cruel I almost performed an unforgivable curse on him and now he just waltzed up to me. Why would he even bother asking me if I would attend the trip today, I wasn't going to seek out him and his brother. It was just so infuriating which was something I definitely did not need at the moment.

Rushing back up to my room I threw on a band t shirt and my leather jacket, not bothering to look "pure blood" today. As soon as I stepped outside I immediately regretted my clothing choice seeing that it was extremely cold. My teeth began to chatter and the cold air went right through my jacket, pricking at my skin. Crossing my arms and rubbing my hands together for warmth, I began to follow other students into the village.

Hogsmeade looked picturesque as always, enchanted candles decking the trees and the shops emitting a warm glow. Strolling through the village, I looked around at all the overjoyed students that were laughing as they entered shops. It was moments like these that I wished my life could be normal and carefree, no expectations. Letting the cold air fill my lungs I inhaled the sweet scent of butter beer coming from the Three Broomsticks.

The desire for the sugary beverage led me to the entrance of the pub where a multitude of people were gathered inside. Pushing the door open I looked around the room for an empty seat and luckily found one towards the back of the establishment. Propping my feet up on the table and sneaking a quick glance around the room, I rummaged through my jacket pocket.

Pulling out a pack of Marlboro's, I slipped out a cigarette and slid it between my teeth. Finding my lighter, I ignited the cig and took a deep inhale,a dizzy feeling flooding my head. The hotness rushed through my body as I took another deep inhale, my lungs feeling as thought they were wrapped in a warm blanket. Smoking had recently become a guilty pleasure of mine towards the end of the summer, a great relief from the continuous stress. I tried to keep it on the low though, mostly because I was only fond of muggle cigarettes.

Leaning my head back in my chair I started up at the ceiling and closed my eyes. Focusing my mind on the scent of the pub and the chatter that was buzzing in the air, I hummed contently.

"What would you like dear?" Madam Rosmerta questions. Startled, I jump in my seat and let the cig hang loosely in my mouth.

"Oh um I'll have one ButterBeer ." I respond, pushing the menu towards the smiling woman.

"Alright, be back with you in a jiffy." She chirps.  Now that my moment of tranquility was gone, I let my eyes wander over the people in the room. Most were fellow students that had also stopped in for a quick drink. Looking back towards the corner of the room I noticed a head of bushy hair that belonged to Granger. It appeared that she was alone but it was obvious that she was talking.

Squinting my eyes to get a better look, I let out a quiet laugh when Harry Potters head was peeking out of his invisibility cloak. This was the exact cloak he had use last year when catapulting snowballs at Draco and I.

"Here you go." Madam Rosmerta place the butterbeer on the table.

"Thanks." I mumble before lifting the beverage to my lips. The drink was ridiculously sweet which was absolutely perfect. Taking a few more large gulps I looked back to where Potter was. He appeared to be having a good time which was unusual because he looked rather glum lately. Shifting my gaze past him I noticed Hagrid was walking by and I let out a gasp.

An amazing realization had struck me upon seeing the groundskeeper. Chugging down the rest of my drink I hurried outside and marched up to Hagrid.

"Heya Hagrid." I smile at the large man.

"Oh hello there Delilah!" Hagrid exclaims

"So how's it going?" I ask, my hands tucked into my pockets.

"Pretty good e'r what was it that you needed?" He questions awkwardly.

"Oh nothing I just couldn't help but overhear Harry just now in the Three Broomsticks talking about you." I lie and pretend to innocently smile.

"Oi is that so." Hagrid gruffly responds.

"Yes and well he figured that you knew what the first task was, and that maybe you could help him out." I shrug my shoulders.

"I reckon I could do that, but why er you tellin me all this?" He looks at me curiously.

"Well I noticed how depressed Harry has been recently and I feel bad. Also you have to admit he needs an advantage since he is much younger than his opponents." I reply.

"Well that is very nice of yer. I suppose I'll go tell him right about now ." Hagrid pats my shoulder and walk toward the pub.

"Guess my first task is complete." I mutter while walking away, pulling out another cigarette and taking a long drag.