Chapter 10

I'm cold, and my face feels like it's about ready to fall off. I'm sure I look amazing. Not. No one is home at Daniel's house, like normal. To my surprise, Daniel brings me a blanket and let's me wrap myself in it. 

"Listen, we need to ta-" Before I can get the rest of my sentence out he cuts me off.

"No, listen to me. Charlie, I'm sorry. For everything. For all the years of worrying 'if today the day Beau finds out?'. I'm so so sorry. But I can't go on like this anymore. I've changed so much since then, but one thing that hasn't changes is my love for you. If anything it's only gotten stronger. And I just don't know if I can watch my best friend get married to the girl of my dreams." He pauses for a moment, not giving me time to say anything. "And all the things you said were true. We didn't know each other then, but we do now. The only way I would go to hi wedding is if it wasn't you he was marrying.. That, or finally coming out and telling him about our past." It's silent for a while.

"I just.. I just don't know how he will handle it. I can't.. Not right before our wedding. Don't you think of someone other than yourself Daniel?! Why can't you let us be happy together? I'm so mad and tired and it's 1:30 in the morning and and I have work tomorrow and.. and.. I just can't fucking do this now!" Again, silence.

Out of frustration I get yell out, "Maybe we should tell him!"

Daniel just nods. I'm so tried,stressed and out of it. I don't really know what I'm saying. I'm shaking. What's causing me to, I'm not sure. Then I feel warm hands rap around me, the way Beau does to me when I'm cold. It's nice. Then I realize it's Daniel's hands warming me.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm warming you up a bit, you're freezing."

"Daniel, stop. You're only making it worse."

"Just trust me.."

I'm to tired to fight back. So I let him do it. Whatever, it's not like he's trying to get to second base or anything. And Daniel's warm arms do remind me of Beau's and that's confuting. I start fluttering my eyes. I'm out like a light within a few minutes. I feel someone pick me up, but I'm brain dead at this point, and I don't remember anything after that.

When I wake up, I'm in Daniel's bed, and guess who's cuddle me. Daniel fucking Sahyounie a.k.a NOT my fiancee.

"What the fuck are you doing?! What time is it?! Where is my phone?!"

"Calm down! I have you're phone. Beau called looking for you and I told him you couldn't sleep last night so you went for a walk and ended up at my house. You wanted to go home but I  told you it'd be better to just stay here for the night. Also, I called your boss and told him you're great aunt Jane died and that you wouldn't be able to make it in today. It's all under control, just chill out."

"Why did you sleep in the same bed as me? Did you try anything? I was perfectly fine on the couch Daniel!"

"I thought you'd be warmer here with me, then on the couch alone. Plus my brother come home around 4 a.m. and I didn't want them waking you. And what do you think I am, a pervert? I would never. Even though I love you, I know you belong to Beau. I'd never do anything to you that you didn't want me to."

I don't say anything. I get up an grab my stuff. Everyone is still sleeping so I try to be quiet, even though I had a loud awakening. I look at Daniel and can't help but feel sorry for him. He's such a good guy and he deserve someone. Someone that isn't already in love with another man. He's gorgeous, I can't deny. And yes, maybe if I hadn't met Beau, it's be Daniel whom I'd be marrying. But I did met Beau, and I'm happy.

"Thank Daniel.. I guess I owe you one.. I'm gonna tell Beau, and I want you to be there when I do. Maybe he wont react so bad if you're there. I'll text you later for that date and place.." He smiles a sad and almost hurtful smile, then nodds.

"But yeah, thanks again," I say, then walking out of his room. I'm almost at the door but I can't stop seeing that sad face, so I walk back to him.

"You'll find someone Daniel, someone who loves you as much as you love me. You're a beautiful man so I have no doubts you wont." I lean in and give him a kiss on the cheek, hug him, and thank him once more. Now when I see his face when I'm walking away he had a happy smile on. I exit Daniel's house and start walking to Beau's.

Boy, this is going to be a long walk home.