~ 15 ~

The car ride was too quiet for my liking. I looked to my right and gazed at Levi as he drove. Trust me, I didn't want him to take me home but he insisted. Zeke had told me he wanted to avoid arguments so he let Levi drive me to my place instead. They said going home would be better for me.

You know, I hated being so weak. In fact, it made me hate myself. I always tricked myself into thinking I was strong. Just for my father. But, I realised today that it was just wishful thinking.

Deciding to distract myself from today's events, I took out my phone and opened IG. Yes, maybe looking at Kim Kardashian's face would make me feel pretty too. This proved to be a huge mistake because on my suggestions for the people I should follow, I spotted Amanda's profile. She had a good number of followers.

I curiously looked at her most recent post and felt my heart stop. She had posted screenshots of the video. The caption and hashtags weren't nice. I felt myself struggle to breathe as I entered the profile of the person who recently commented on the post. That's when it dawned on me.

This was trending.

I shakily put my phone into my bag and tightly gripped my chest, my fingers trembling. It was like someone had placed Hector from The Amazing World Of Gumball on my chest. I bit my lip hard and tried to move my feet, which felt numb.

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out... I chanted in my head. My chest was going up and down. My heartbeat was so loud that I worried the sound was irritating to Levi. Beads of sweat were beginning to form on my forehead.

"Demi," I heard Levi's voice, but it sounded so distant. It was like he was on the other side of the Earth. I couldn't feel myself and just stared ahead... into nothing. "Debbie," the voice came again. I shut my eyes and shrunk in my seat.

I felt the car stop and hands grab me, turning me to my side. A pair of green eyes looked back into mine with concern.

"Debbie, talk to me. What's wrong?" he moved his lips.

I shut my eyes once again and spoke. "I'm an annoyance. I should have never been here. I'm scared for no reason. I hate myself for being so weak," I said as I shook my head furiously, my nose flaring.

"Hate is a strong word, Debbie. Listen to me, open your eyes and look at me," Levi said and I did as he told me. "Breathe deep. In and out, in and out," he went on as he held my hands gently, giving them a slight squeeze.

It was hard to calm down but once I did, he brought his thumb up to my cheeks and wiped my tears. I didn't know that I was even crying. He knew how to handle this situation and I was glad.

"You better now?"

"Mhm," I hummed and he cupped my cheek, giving me a sense of comfort. I involuntarily leaned into his touch and closed my eyes. However, his next question made me open them.

"Is this the condition you had mentioned?" he questioned. I could hear the hesitancy in his words. He didn't want to trigger me again.

"Yes," I said and quickly added, "Let's not talk about this please."

"I just realised sarcasm doesn't fit into this conversation so I won't say a thing," he said and I smiled genuinely. I hadn't even noticed that he had pulled up to the side of the road. He softly kissed my cheek and I tensed.

He smiled and made himself comfortable in his seat. I shyly looked away, an unnatural shade of pink painting my cheeks. Levi Hansen kissed my cheek and I totally liked it.

Wasn't gonna lie.

***
Levi ringed the doorbell. We were standing outside the door to my house, patiently waiting for someone to open the door.