Diamonds Or Paper For Forever?

Warning: TOOTH ROTTING FLUFF SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TOOTH BRUSH HANDY MY BABES

"We didn't move it?" You looked at Luke who nodded in confirmation.

Spencer rubbed his neck in thought. "Spence, we said no more secrets. Why do you need the gun safe?"

Spencer's head shot up, his eyes meeting yours. "That diamond was in the safe. No one except me should be able to get in that. It's a thumb print. But clearly, they did." He rambled, dancing around the question.

"That answers nothing. What are they for?" You pushed. He promised no more secrets.

"It was a part of a job. I wasn't supposed to have them, but I pocketed some." His face getting red at the thought. "I have, ah, plans for them that cant be talked about at this time."

You furrowed your brows not fully understanding what he meant. He looked over at Luke and Morgan, a silent plea for help.

Oh.

Oh, fuck.

You cleared your throat, "can you guys give us a second?" You asked. Everyone looked hesitant, I mean there was a stalker after you, but if it bothered anyone, they didn't express it. Instead, leaving you and Spencer alone. You waited until everyone filed out, Rossi shutting the door behind him. You turned towards Spencer and grabbed his large hand with your tiny one, rubbing your thumb over the back of his wrist.

"Spence, do any of those have anything to do with me?" You asked quietly. He nodded. You felt your heart squeeze slightly. "Were they a secret for a reason?" Again, he nodded. You sighed, the bigger picture coming into focus. "Did anyone besides the boys know about your plans for these?"

"Only one person. I had a kid, slightly younger than you, who I did jobs with. He was one of the few people, besides the team who knew about you. And he was the only other person, again, besides the team, who knew I wanted – want – to marry you." His voice soft. He sounded scared. Like you'd punch him if you knew what his plans were.

You're belly fluttered with millions of butterflies.

He wants to marry me? Still? Why?

"You wanna marry me? Still?" You asked him, voice just as soft as his. Spencer's eyes slowly lifted, meeting yours in a confused gaze.

"Of course, I want to marry you. Are you fucking crazy? I knew I wanted to marry you the minute you joined the BAU. I- I never believed in love at first sight. It just didn't scientifically make sense to me. B- but then I met you, and that changed." He stuttered, suddenly sounding unsure of himself.

You sat back, your hand still in his. You swallowed down the lump in your throat as the butterflies continued to tickle your belly. "Spence, I don't need a fancy diamond to marry you. I hope you know that."

He chuckled, "of course, I know that. But you deserve the best. And I had it. Or, well, had them."

You thought back to the contents of the safe. There had to of been about five to ten million dollars' worth of gems in that safe. Rubies, Sapphires, Emeralds, and Diamonds. And they were all for you?

"But now you know and I am kind of pissed because the plan was to surprise you with a new, whatever, each year." This poor boy. "Can I ask you something?"

You nodded, "you can always ask me anything, Spence."

He licked his lips, clearly nervous to ask you, "even after all that's happened, w-would you still wanna get married? To me?" The kid was shaking like fucking chihuahua.

You let out a small giggle, "I'd marry you with paper rings, Spence."

Spencer smiled, "I love you."

You gave him a small kiss, telling him you loved him too.

"Now the safe. They didn't take anything out of it. You left it open after they took you, the only thing missing was your gun." You looked at his side, he had his gun.

He followed your eyes. "I don't keep my work gun in there. I keep the glock in there that you, ah, father gave me."

You shook your head. He answered the thought, "I keep all my word shit in a safe under the bed."

"Sneaky, sneaky Dr. Reid." Your phone dinged, a text message lighting up your phone. You pulled it out of your pocket, unlocking it and opening it. It was a 4 digit number, like one of the fake ones or the ad ones.

"You can run, but you can't hide... for long. Tell pretty boy your 'real' daddy says hello."