3. Roses are Red, I need love, what is my life?, Take me to church

Start from the beginning

"Azami," her mother said, bewildered. "We talked about this."

"I know," she groaned. "But you let Keishin do it!'

"He does?" her mom asked, quirking her eyebrow at Keishin. Azami nodded and he smiled, awkwardly. "Keishin you know better!"

"How about we change the subject?" Azami asked, fixing her gaze on her brother and tilting her head.

'Tell me the dang verdict Keishin,' she thought. Her brother cleared his throat. He set his fork down. "So Half-pint, because of your amazing skill, an leadership, blah blah blah. Congrats you're assisstant coach."

"What are you talking about?" their dad asked. 

"Well," Azami started. "Earlier I asked Keishin if I could become his assisstant coach for the Karasuno High-School Boys volleyball team. And he made me go through a whole entire test and refused to tell me until now."

"That was very nice of you Keishin," their grandmother said. He nodded. Azami rolled her eyes, shoving noodles into her mouth. 

"Oh, Azami," her mom said. "There was a letter for you on the table."

Azami nodded, excusing herself and moving towards the side table near the front door. She found a letter sitting on it. Without checking the mailing address she tore it open taking out the letter.

"Dear Ms. Ukai,

Congratulations! On behalf of the Japan Women's National Volleyball Team, I am pleased to announce your acceptance as the official libero!

The knowledge and skill of volleyball you have already gathered within your school and community reflect what we value, and respect in our players. Ambition, passion, and determination are the heart of the Japan National Team.

Due to your performance at our national tryouts, we agreed that this was the best decision. We look forward to seeing you at practice.-"

Azami's breath hitched as she made her way to the couch, re-reading the letter. She had forgotten all about the tryouts for the Japan Women's National Volleyball Team, it had been months ago. But she had gotten accepted?!

And as the official libero!?!

"Azami? What's taking so long?" her brother called. She hobbled back into the dining room, letter in hand and sat down staring at the paper on the table.

"What is it?" her dad asked. She didn't say anything, her voice was failing her. Her brother sighed and grabbed the letter, leaving her staring at the table. She watched his face as his eyes scanned the letter.

He lowered his hand and stared at her before smiling widely, "That's amazing!"

"What is it?" her mom asked. Keishin handed her the letter and she read it out loud. "Oh Azami, that absolutely wonderful!"

"How exciting!" their grandmother smiled. Her father brought her intoa a hug and tears fell down her face. She started laughing and crying as her dad kissed her head.

"We should celebrate!" her mom said. 

-----

Azami had to promise not to tell anyone about the promotion yet. It sucked but she didn't want anyone to hate her for it. As Azami walked down the hall to her college prep class she was stopped by Suga. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. "You look like you're in a daze."

"Huh? No, I'm fine," she said, walking past  him and to her seat. He frowned following her. Class dragged on and on, taking notes and doing practice problems.