A Nestor Christmas

So, this is actually from last year! I put it up on Tumblr but forgot to post it on here! Better late than never I guess lol! Enjoy! 

--

The Galindo family Christmas party was always a beautiful and lavish affair that most employees looked forward to as soon as the costumes and candy wrapped up at the end of October. It was filled with the best food and alcohol, coincidentally the most expensive as well, and the house was decorated from top to bottom like something out of a magazine.

None of the real fun began until the party thinned and they were able to make it back to the house. There were hundreds of guests, most of whom Miguel, Emily, and the closest few didn't recognize, and for that reason, precautions were taken. Those who could not be completely trusted were hosted elsewhere, a four-course dinner and an open bar. Once that party ended the family aspect of the cartel was on display as a small number of Galindo's closest employees arrived at the house.

"Let me take Cristobal to bed," Magdalena offered to one of the housekeepers.

"No," the older woman said, "This is for you young people, have fun."

"I," Magdalena struggled to find a reason before the other woman was off. "Okay," she called out after the woman.

"I think you should have a drink," Emily said, swooping in with a glass of champagne.

"Thanks," she said, taking the glass eagerly.

"You know Mags," Emily said, her lips tight as she clinked her glass against the other. "I'm so glad you decided to do this."

"I am too," Magdelena laughed. "Nanny to the Galindo family wasn't something I had on my list of future endeavors when we were in school but I'm glad it all shook out this way."

"Honestly, the idea of having someone else spend so much time with Cristobal," Emily shook her head. "I like truly knowing you, knowing I can trust you."

While Emily went on, the conversation switching from Cristobal, Magdelena could feel a set of eyes on her. She could feel the heat of someone's stare from behind her and it sent a chill down her back.

"Mi amor," Miguel said, gliding over to them, "May I borrow you?" He looked at Magdelena. "I hope you don't mind?"

"No," Magdelena chuckled. "Go ahead."

"You're off duty," Miguel said with a smile, his finger pointing in her direction as he guided Emily away. "Have fun."

"Oh yeah," she looked around hopefully. "Tons of fun."

"You look thrilled Miss Maggie," Nestor joked, strolling up behind her.

"Mr. Oceteva," she smirked, turning her body slightly to see him. "I'm sure it would be more fun if I knew more people. I'm usually shuffled away with Cristobal while everyone else works together all day."

"I think you're more suited for childcare than security and protection," Nestor whispered.

"Yeah, I can't deny that," she giggled. "The only reason we know each other is because of our relationships with Emily and Miguel outside of work."

"Childhood friends," he nodded.

"A form of nepotism," she joked.

"Another drink?" He offered, seeing one I'd the catering staff coming by with more champagne.

"No, thank you," she said as Nestor grabbed two glasses.

Pressing the glass into her hand, Nestor gave her a knowing look as he took a sip. He watched as she quickly placed the champagne on the edge of the nearest table.