Nestor/OC

Just an idea! Hope you all like it! Creatively I've been pretty blank but this seems to have jumped started my dusty brain. Who knows! 

When Nestor turned up at home, relieved to be standing at his own front door, he didn't even know how long he'd been held but he was exhausted, furious, and desperate to see his wife and son. He went for his keys, checking his right pocket then the left only to realize he didn't have his keys.

"Shit," he growled, knocking on the door, "Izzy!" His head thumped against the hardwood, wondering what could be taking her so long when in reality it had only been a minute or two since he'd knocked.

"Nes?" The door swung open so quickly Nestor almost crashed into Izabella, his wife, only catching himself and saving her by grabbing the door frame. "Jesus Christ, Nestor," she gasped, throwing her arms around his neck. "I thought you were dead," she whimpered, squeezing him with all her strength. "What the hell happened to you?"

He didn't answer, he just held her, breathing her in, silently betraying his usual cool demeanor as he held her, desperate to keep her close.

"Long fucking story," he finally replied. "Are you okay?" Nestor pulled back only to look her over, checking the love of his life for injury or distress.

"I'm okay now," she assured him, pulling him further into the house and kicking the door shut. "I was so scared, I tried Em and Miguel, no one answered, no one knew anything."

At the time Nestor didn't know anything either. He'd been kept, literally, in the dark for at least twenty-four hours before giving him some light, food, and water. He also didn't know how much to tell her, how much would be dangerous or put her at risk.

"I didn't know much either," he admitted.

Taking Izzy by the hand, Nestor led her into the kitchen, pulling the chair out from the table and gesturing for her to sit. She hesitated, wanting to take care of him, feed him, love him, but his eyes were so adamant. She watched him pull two beers from the fridge, popping the tops and offering her one before sitting across from her, the healing bruises littering his face much more obvious now.

"Are you okay?" She asked again in a much different tone now as the question itself meant so much more.

Nestor swallowed, leaning his elbows on the table as he looked at her. "I don't know," he admitted. "Things are going to be different now, I don't know how exactly yet, I gotta sit down with Mikey, but I don't think we can go back."

Izzy drew her head back, unsettled by what he was saying, by the uncertainty she heard in his usually confident, strong voice. "What does that mean? Go back? Do we have to leave? Jacinto, he's not strong enough yet, we can't take him out of the hospital if we have to go."

Shaking his head, he took her hands in his, bringing them to his lips and kissing her knuckles as he tried to find the words. "We're not going anywhere, we have to stay."

Somehow that was even scarier.

"Can you please tell me what the fuck is going on, Nestor?" Izzy asked, her fingers curling into fists as he held her hands.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "You remember Mikey's dad, right? Jose? You met him a few times before he died."

Izzy nodded, "He's a hard man to forget. You prepped me for, like, two days before we had dinner with him, Dita, Miguel, and Emily." She smiled wistfully at the memory.

"Yeah," Nestor's lips turned up in a similar smile as he thought back on that night as well. "You know how they say the Feds killed Jose, that the weight of that fucking deal crushed him?"

This wasn't good and Izzy knew it already.

"Shit," she hissed, no longer angry over his initial cagey behavior. "Why would I rather it be another crew?" Izzy asked, already knowing the answer deep down.

"Because then I could kill them all," he said ominously, "But feds don't die, they just keep coming."

"And they control so much more."

Nestor nodded, fiddling with her wedding rings absently, enjoying the peaceful silence around them for a moment before speaking. He didn't really know what to say.

"Listen, Iz," he sighed heavily. "Whatever this means for business doesn't matter here," he knocked his knuckles on the table. "This deal won't touch you, it won't touch our son. Everything is going to be fine, mi Amor," he crooned, "I promise you."