EZ/OC One Shot 2

Showing more confidence than usual, Roe strolled down from her sister's toward the scrapyard. She wasn't sure she'd even go in but an attempt was made. Her hand hovered a few inches from the gate before she decided to knock.

"Oh. It's you again." Chucky said cheerfully.

"It is," she smiled, slightly embarrassed. "Is EZ around?"

Chucky nodded enthusiastically before slamming the peephole shut and opening the gate. "He's inside."

"Thanks," Roe said, her nerves calmed by his pleasant demeanor. He was odd but his kindness seemed the more important trait to Roe.

Her steps slowed as she approached the porch, the raucous voices and loud music coming from just behind the door made her stop. Self-confidence was never her strong suit unless she was in the gym and right then she was certainly not in the gym.

"Go ahead," Chucky urged her. "He likes you, I can see it."

Roe chuckled, "Uh, thanks." Taking unsteady steps, she headed inside, unconsciously holding her breath as she did.

Angel saw her first, his interest piqued immediately, and swaggered across the room to introduce himself.

"Hey," he said smoothly. "Can I help you?"

"Uh, yeah," she was obviously nervous. "I'm looking for EZ, uh Ezekiel."

One word made his expression turn dark. "'Course you are," Angel huffed. "What do you want with him?"

"Oh, you must be Angel," she crossed her arms over her chest.

"That's me," he grinned. "How'd you know?"

"Your reputation precedes you," she said curtly. "You're just as much of an asshole as described."

Angel clicked his tongue as he looked at her with disdain. "Yeah? Prospect talking shit?"

"Not at all," she said matter-of-factly. "He said you haven't spoken in months, that he's tried to apo-"

"Roe," EZ said urgently. "Come on," gently grabbing her, EZ pulled Monroe outside. "You can't get in his face like that."

Pursing her lips, Roe nodded. "Cause you're a prospect or whatever?"

"Yeah," he said quietly. "I appreciate it," he smiled a little, "I don't have a lot of people standing up for me lately."

"Well, you have me and I could definitely kick his skinny ass," she said, only half-joking.

"You're gonna get me in trouble," he groaned. EZ took Roe's hand and pulled her along with him back to his trailer. "Home sweet home," he said by way of explanation.

"It's fun though," she teased. "Got any beer?" When she asked EZ looked at her with hesitation. "Never mind," she said, her cheeks flushed red.

"No, I'm sorry, I'm not judging I just, I kind of want to hang out with sober Roe," EZ said apologetically. "I'm a dick."

"No, you're not," she sighed, "And you're not the only one who's shared that sentiment."

"Water?" He offered.

"Yeah, water," she said, slightly disappointed. "You won't catch any shit for my comments will you?"

"I don't think so," EZ shrugged. "Now that Bish is my sponsor, not Angel, I think I'll be clear."

"Good," she smiled as he joined her at the table. "Was it okay that I came by?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "If it wasn't you'd know."