24

Camryn's POV

In the middle of the night, I feel Pooh get up. I try to awaken myself to move but I was too sleepy.

"Pooh," I muttered.

"Go back to sleep, Ma," he kissed my forehead.

As much as I wanted to stop him and ask where he was going, my body felt paralyzed. I was exhausted for no reason. And my stomach was killing me....

"Okay," I mumbled before dozing back off into a deep, comfortable sleep.

...

Zion's POV

I couldn't take this shit no more. I needed to breathe. Yea I had my baby to talk to and she did make me feel better, but I needed more than that. I needed to know Lexis was 6 feet under.

I went back to the trap and saw Rich and Ton there.

"Wassup?" I dap them both and start to pace around.

"Sit yo anxious ass down mf," Ton laughs.

"Man. This shit stressing me out. I need that nigga dead."

"That CJ nigga? Z. We gon get his ass I-" I cut him off.

"No mf. Lexis. I need his ass dead. Him being alive just got me all fucked up."

Lexis and I used to be just as close as me Rich and Ton until that nigga started pulling bitch ass moves. He was starting all types of shit and even almost got me locked up.

"I mean killing him would start a big ass gang war, man."

He was right. I slowed down and stopped in place as I thought about how bad gang wars really were. I wasn't in a state for one and I wasn't about to put my baby through that shit. 

"You right."

"But we can go for CJ ass. He probably just using him, anyway. He get a new right hand a few times a year."

"Shit. Well we can hit him where it hurts at least."

"So we going for CJ. I already started tracking his ass down."

"Good," I say more to myself then to them. I had so much anger built up that I didn't care. Rich lights up a blunt and starts to smoke. I couldn't even lie, I needed to take a hit.

He hands it to me, reading my thoughts, and I inhale deeply. I felt myself relaxing almost immediately.

...

After, I chilled with Rich and Ton for a little I tried not to let my high get the best of me, but I drunk a few beers as well. I left a few hours later.

I had a vague memory of what happened at the trap. We was chillin with a few hoes and drinking. I felt way more calm then before and my mind was at ease. As much as I didn't want to, I might need to start blowing again...

Once I got home, I laid down in the bed next to Ma. A few minutes later, she woke up.

"Pooh," she mumbled cuddling under my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

I moved my body and rested in between her legs as I laid my head on her stomach. I couldn't help but start messing with her belly button. 

She started to doze back off and I went to sleep to the steady rise and fall of her chest.

...

"... Really, Dominique?"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. She wasn't paying attention to me; she was too busy arguing with Dom.