33

Because You Guys Are Taking Forever To Reach The Goal And I Haven't Updated In Awhile 😒
------------------------------------------------
Few Hours Later

When I finally woke up, I realized I had fell asleep in Dom's lap. She was awake, playing in my hair, and on the phone with Rich.

"Yes... And? Whatever, boy," she laughed," I'm not hungry, but get Cam something."

"You hungry, Boo?" She asked, somehow knowing I was awake. I shook my head.

"Get her a cold cut foot long from Subway. Heavy on the mayo and banana peppers."

"Dominique, I'm okay."

"You haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon," she looked at me funny. I sighed and nestled back into her lap.

She continued her phone call with Rich, while I took in everything.

Zion was in a car accident. He lost a lot of blood. And he's in surgery.

Just thinking about it brought tears. I couldn't imagine how I was gonna react when I saw him lying on the bed all bandaged up...

I didn't know how long it had been since the doctor told us that or if there had been updates. And honestly, I didn't wanna hear anything. All I wanted was to cuddle up in bed with my Pooh and watch scary movies with him while he gave me those neck kisses, and reassured me that the movies weren't real. Just like this. I wanted everything to be okay.

I checked my phone and saw it was 5:19 AM. We had been here for almost 8 hours.

Dom's hand trailed through my head and it calmed me a little.

"Where's Rich?" I asked, looking up at her.

"He went out to get Zion some clothes for when he gets out of surgery. The expected time is in about 30 minutes and were gonna be able to visit in an hour."

"Okay," I mumbled. I sat up and went to the bathroom.

My eyes were all red and I looked sick. And I felt even worse on the inside.

"Ew," I muttered, not realizing I was speaking aloud. I splashed water on my face and got the crust and sleep residue off my face. Once I went back into the waiting room with Dom, I saw her talking to Zion's mom.

"Hey baby," she hugged me tight," Rich is just now telling me the news." I buried my face in her shoulder and tried to hold the tears in.

"I'm just scared, Mama. And I feel like I could've easily prevented this."

"Camryn, honey, this isn't your fault. Things happen, okay?"

"Okay," I sighed.

"And I'm sure my baby is okay." Mama was so optimisic and it made me automatically feel better.

After Rich walked in with my food, I realized how hungry I really was. I finished the footlong in a few minutes.

"Girl, you better be eating," Mama laughed," Imma need my grandkids nice and healthy." She smiled.

"I will, I just wasn't hungry last night. And I've been so anxious that I wasn't even paying attention to it."

"Speaking of food," Rich cut in," Once Z get outta surgery, Mama, can you make me a sweet potato pie."

"I got ya, Richie."

We all laughed and that lightened my mood. Moments later a doctor came out.

"Family of Zio-" Before he could finish his sentence we all stood up," Two at a time please."

"I'll stay," I said quickly, sitting back down in my seat.