36

...

"And what did she do to you?"

"She just was scaring me. She was yelling at Daddy and he didn't even do anything. I thought she was an angel, TT," her eyes started getting glassy.

"Come here," I reached out for her. She climbed into my lap and rested on my shoulder.

"Why isn't she an angel?"she sobbed. I rocked her back and forth, my throat getting dry. Zion came down the stairs and we shared eye contact for a second before I looked away.

He walked over and tapped Mara.

"Hmm?"

"Remember that unicorn I promised you?"

She shook her head and wiped her eyes.

"Come on," he gestured for her to follow him. I stood up and we walked outside with him. He led us to the car and told Mara to get in. I tried opening the passenger door but he stopped me.

"What?"

"You not gettin in unless you gimme a kiss," he crossed his arms.

"Guess I'm not going then," I shrugged and started walking back towards the house.

"Cut it out, Camryn," he stopped me halfway," Just get in."

I walked back to the passenger seat and he drove us to this ranch I had seen a few times. Once we had got there, Mara started cooing over all the horses.

"Uncle Sionnnnnnn! Loookkkkkk!"

"I know," he laughed as we parked. It was windy and I only had on a t-shirt. I shivered a little.

"Here,"he handed me his jacket.

"I'm okay."

"Stop being stubborn and put it on, Camryn," he mumbled sounding angry. I snatched it from him and put it on.

I looked around and saw different shapes and sizes of horses. Part of me wanted to run over and go ride one.

While Mara was visiting the horses, Zion wrapped his arms around me. I would've pushed him away, but it was cold and he was getting goose bumps.

"Why you mad at me?"

"It doesn't matter," I shrugged.

"Yes it does. You barely speaking to me and when you are, you yelling at me."

"Because you hurt my feelings yesterday," I mumbled," I had wanted to talk to you about something, but you were all angry and took it out on me. That's not fair, Zion."

He turned me around and kissed my forehead repeatedly.

"I'm sorry, baby," I rested my head on his chest," It's a lot going on right now. We can talk tonight, ightt?"

It's always a lot going on...I nodded my head and he cleared his throat.

"What?"