Taking the seat by the bed that Obi-Wan had occupied moments ago, he let out a long sigh before answering. "No, not yet."

They fell into another long silence as Ben thought of how to articulate his next words.

"Kylo Ren..."

"Yes?"

"I wanted to thank you properly for what you've done."

"It's nothing you wouldn't have done if you had known. I'm glad I was able to arrive on time and take most of the bullets for Rey or she might not have survived, not to mention the baby."

"No, not only that... For offering up your own heart to her as well when your wounds weren't even life threatening. You were willing to sacrifice your life for hers."

"As I've said, it's nothing you wouldn't have done. It would have been a sacrifice I was, am, willing to make for her, for family."

"Crazy bastard."

The twins chuckled, Kylo Ren's mood growing somber suddenly as he averted his gaze.

"I know you may hate me for murdering our father and for kidnapping Rey, but just know that I genuinely want to be part of your family if you'd have me."

Ben rested his elbows on the armrests and steepled his fingers as he stared into the eyes that were so similar yet different from his own, using this moment to test Kylo Ren. "Prove your loyalty."

"How? Name what you need me to do and I'll do it."

"What can you tell me about Palpatine? Even though you're here, injured, you must have some intel on him."

"According to my sources, he went into hiding after hearing the news of the failed assassination attempt."

"Anything else that could help track him down?"

"He owns a few islands in the Bahamas. He's most likely hiding on one of them."

Pulling out his phone, he passed the information off to Poe who quickly replied with a thumbs up and beach wear emojis.

Standing and placing his hand on his brother's shoulder, Ben smiled down at Kylo Ren before cupping his cheek. "Welcome to the Solo family, brother."

A smile brightened Kylo Ren's face as he nodded once. "Thank you, brother."

With an affectionate slap to his cheek, Ben pulled away with a smirk and left the room to make his way to another wing of the hospital. And with each step he took, his anxiety grew as his heart pounded in his chest until he stood in front of a large glass window, displaying dozens of newborns sleeping.

Pressing his palm to the glass, Ben gazed at his son sleeping peacefully as he took in his tiny features. His hair was the same shade as his mother's with the thickest, longest lashes he had ever seen on a baby and rosy cheeks that reminded him so much of Rey. He wanted to see the color of his son's eyes to know if it matched his own since his looks favored his mother's as far as he could tell, but he knew it didn't matter as long as he was healthy.

Ben's hand fisted against the glass as he continued to watch his son sleep. "How am I supposed to raise you by myself if your mother doesn't live through this? How am I supposed to live without her...?"

He shut his eyes as tears prickled them as he bent his head. He tried to keep them at bay, but his heart broke for the woman who meant everything to him – at the possibility of losing her once again as he remembered the moments he thought he had first lost her when he watched flames consume the jet he saw her board. Ben jerked when he felt a small hand at his back, words of pain and violence on his lips to spew at the person who dared to touch him, but he swallowed them down when Rose removed her hand from him and place them over her heart. She stood beside him as her eyes lingered on his son before she turned to him with red rimmed eyes and fresh tears on her cheeks.

"I'm so glad he was born healthy with no complications."

He said nothing as he turned back to watch Han – long seconds of silence stretching between them before she spoke again.

"You're not alone, you know. If Rey doesn't... No, Rey will live, she'll get through this. She's a fighter and has endured too much in her life to not fight for her life with all that she has, especially since she has more to live for with you and Han in her life."

Ben nodded once as she continued.

"But know that Armitage and I will always be here for you to help with whatever you need no matter what the outcome is."

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they watched Han sleeping, pulling her into his side for a side hug as her arm went around his waist. "Thank you, Rose."

"Anytime. Anything for family."

"Anything for family," he repeated, knowing Rose thought of Rey as family even before they came into his life.

With one more glance at his son, he tugged Rose along with him as they made their way back to Armitage who stood as soon as a doctor exited the operation room. Running down the hall, he listened intently to the doctor who sighed then smiled.

"The operation was a success and Mrs. Solo is being prepped to go into the ICU for the rest of the day before we send her to her private room as you requested. Once moved to her room, please only enter one at a time. We are going to keep her heavily sedated for the next day or two so she can rest peacefully after both of her operations. Please do not attempt to wake her in any way and let it happen naturally."

Ben thanked the doctor over and over again as Rose smiled through her tears at Armitage's side.

*****

It had been two days since Rey was set up in her VIP room without waking, Ben panicking and demanding the hospital to tell him what was wrong. Once assured it was normal, especially after two major operations, he calmed and waited for Rey to wake – rarely leaving her side. Lifting Han into his arms to pace the room, he was surprised that his son, who had the same eye color as he, remained quiet as if he knew he shouldn't make any noise to disturb his mother. Bouncing up and down, Ben moved closer to the bed as Han burrowed into the warmth of his body.

"This is your mother, the most important and the most beautiful woman in our lives."

Han cooed as if he agreed with his father.

When Ben turned to pace the room again, he froze when Rey's eyes fluttered before opening slowly, her gaze landing on him.

"Rey, thank God! I thought I lost you again."

She blinked several times as if to clear her head – her brows drawing together before she took a breath to speak. "Who are you?"