cho chang

AS THE QUIDDITCH SEASON drew closer, the amount of homework grew alongside it

AS THE QUIDDITCH SEASON drew closer, the amount of homework grew alongside it. harry, ron, hermione, and farren had become accustomed to spending the late hours of the evening trapped in the library, just trying to finish their homework.

ron had made the team again over cormac mclaggen and farren didn't think anyone was angry about that. the decision to keep ron as keeper seemed to boost his spirits and he had been in such a cheery mood for the past couple of weeks.

while ron was in a cheery mood, farren had realized her mood was slowly declining. the note she had found in the yellow book sat hidden away in her nightstand. she wanted desperately to find out who it belonged to, to make sure they were okay. sometime she had the dreaded thought that the person had already taken action against themselves, but no casualties had happened this year yet.

so once again, the four gryffindors were sitting at their table in the library. farren was working on transfiguration, ron on herbology, harry on defense against the dark arts, and hermione reading a book.

"hey, mione..."

"ronald?" hermione asked, pointing her finger down on the part of the book she had been stopped at.

"do you understand this question?" ron asked sheepishly, nudging his textbook towards her. she glared at him, but peered at the question, sighing as she did.

"page thirty five," hermione said quickly, returning her gaze back to her own book. ron mumbled a thanks and started to write down some sort of information onto his scroll.

farren rolled up her scroll quietly and slid it into her bag. she sat there, staring off into space, wondering what she could do with the rest of her night.

"farren," harry said, looking up from his work. "can you do me a huge favor?"

"sure," she said, starting to stand up. harry didn't speak for a couple moments and farren wondered if he was trying to gather his thoughts.

"can you let dean know that he's being moved up to third chaser," he said and immediately looked back down to his work and scribbled again.

farren stared at him, wide eyed. she glanced at ron, who seemed unfazed. what happened to katie bell? or ginny? farren doubted it was ginny that was leaving, her heart knew it was katie.

"what happened to—"

"fare, please," harry begged, his grip tightening around his quill.

"fine," she spat, slinging her bag onto her shoulder. she rushed out of the library, not bothering to say goodbye to anyone. how rude of harry it was to tell ron that katie had left the team before telling her? sure, ron was his best friend, but farren had been on the team since their second year! she was beyond frustrated with him.

she knew dean was probably in the gryffindor common room with ginny weasley and seamus finnigan, so that's where she headed first. she mumbled the password to the fat lady and stepped inside, saying a quick thank you to the painting.