the yellow book

"I CANNOT BELIEVE," farren huffed as she and her group of friends walked out of herbology lessons

"believe what?" lise asked, wanting clarification from her best friend.

"i simply cannot believe how much homework we already have," farren specified, glancing at all her friends.

"bet mione's already done it," ron mumbled, turning his head towards hermione. farren could tell that hermione was blushing a dark red.

"give us the answers, will you?" farren grinned, wrapping her arms around hermione's waist and resting her chin on her shoulder. she could feel hermione's body tense up slightly as she quickly pushed farren away.

"it's not hard!" hermione protested, looking at ron. he shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"i have tryouts—"

"so does harry and you don't hear him complaining," hermione said, shutting ron and farren up for good. "i'll help you in the library afterwards."

"you're an angel," ron smiled, hurrying off with harry towards the castle. this left hermione, farren, and lise to walk by themselves.

"he's ridiculous," hermione said, but she was smiling to herself.

"and attractive," lise added, her eyes gleaming. as farren turned, she could see hermione was trying (and failing) to not look upset. farren would unpack that later.

"how are you feeling about quidditch this year?" hermione asked, changing the topic.

"good, i think we'll have a great season," farren said, straightening her posture. "i'm hoping to be harry's right hand woman."

"mhm," hermione said, looking away from farren.

"what?"

"oh, nothing," hermione said, finding a nearby ravenclaw that she knew. she took off at full speed to catch up with that girl and left farren dumbfounded.

"what on earth," farren mumbled to herself as lise and herself climbed up the stairs to hogwarts.

"who knows," lise said, trying to support her friend. "oh fare, you only have an hour until quidditch starts."

"fantastic," farren said, putting a pep in her step and hustled to the changing rooms underneath the quidditch pitch.

farren arrived with the remainders of the team of the previous year. unfortunately her quidditch number was four, so she was stuck next to ginny weasley whenever they had to change in and out of their uniforms.

she put her short hair into two pigtails, which she hated, but had to do in order for her hair not to get in the way during practices and games. she was just changing out of her shoes when ginny appeared next to her.

"sorry," she mumbled, throwing her long hair into a ponytail. farren stated at her hair, longing for the length, but no, her parents made her keep her hair short. "class ran late."