Chapter 2

I was awake but I didn't open my eyes. I had been taken but they didn't have the full upper hand on me. I wouldn't let them.

A million thoughts rushed through my head. They knew of my title and it was about to be used against my family. I was so stupid. I had sparred and won against the best warriors and I'd just let myself be kidnapped like a damsel in distress.

I needed to focus. I refined my senses. A new smell surround me. One I'd never smelt before. Jasmine and violets mixed with the smell of night?

I reached down into my power only, my call was left unanswered.
I tried again, nothing was there. What had been done to me?

I could hear movements around me and the crackle of a fire. Hushed talking that I couldn't quite make out caught my attention. I wasn't alone. Though I couldn't make out the words I knew the sound was echoing. I must be in some sort of cave?

I slit open my eyes to asses my surroundings. My legs and arms tied with rope was the first thing I noticed. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to get free.

I looked to my left a group dark scaled human like creatures facing away from me and towards the fire I'd never seen anything like them before. They were as black as midnight and the reflection of the fire bounced off their scales. Big ugly wings protruded from their backs awkwardly. It looked painful. I could see from where I was lay the talons that had shredded through my shoul- oh my gods my shoulder.

I looked down at it to see my silver hair caked in dark red blood. Panic rushed through me once again. I wasn't healing quickly. I was right when I thought the talons were poisonous. I needed to get out of here and fast. I took a deep breath and reached for my throwing knives I knew were tucked into my fighting leathers. My shoulder groaned in protest of the movement but I had to act fast. I just had one in my grasp as I heard movement

"She's awake," the creature almost purred

"I can't wait to devour her soul," the other licked his lips...

"We will rip her limb from limb," he growled hungrily

I paused for a second before I burst into a fit of laughter. Faking confidence. I just need to buy myself a little time. I needed to rile them up.

"Oh my god guys... did you guys practice that before I woke up?! Cmon you've got to admit that was so cliche. I really expected better from my evil kidnappers"

"Just you wait girl you won't know what's coming for you," the other one growled

"Oh don't worry, I can wait,"

the rope binding my wrists finally snapped and I launched my knife straight into the first creatures skull. He dropped before he could make a sound.

"wait for that asshole."

I grabbed my other knife and cut the rope binding my feet. I immediately jumped to my feet. I swayed a little, feeling faint from the blood loss. That split second cost me. The second creature had tackled me. We went flying. Finally sprawling across the floor, I grunted my shoulder now screaming at me. I could feel my strength depleting. I needed to sort out this one and I needed to do it quickly. Thankfully, the creature had launched me near to where my sword lay discarded on the ground with the rest of my visible weapons. I started to crawl towards them. Every movement painful. The creature sunk talons into my calf and I screamed. The pain was immense. I kicked back with my free leg, landing the blow right in his face. A crunch and a sickening wail told me his nose was broken. The claws retracted from my leg. I managed to grab my sword and lifted myself on unsteady legs.

"Stand and face me!" I screamed at the creature clutching his nose on the floor.

"Face me you bastard!"

He slowly rose, blood running down his face. I let lose a battle cry, charging straight at him, I swung my sword decapitating him in one swipe. His head hitting the floor was the only sound other than my heavy breathing.

I felt my wounded leg give in and as I fell to the ground, I plummeted back into the darkness.