Chapter 33

When we got back to the townhouse it too, seemed alive. Buzzing with noise and activity, all in preparation for starfall.

"I thought the celebration was held at the house of wind?" I questioned Eli as he reappeared infront of me after winnowing the boxes to my room.

He came and stood next to me observing the organised chaos. "Well, yes. Starfall is held at the house of wind but we have traditions here."

I wiggled my eyebrows at him. "I'm listening,"

"Don't get too excited. It's just all the family squeezing into the townhouse and we share stories, drink, play games, you know, family stuff."

"Oh, sounds fun,"

He smiled for a second but quickly shook it off.
"You are invited Star, you know that right?"

My head snapped back up.
"Really? It's okay if not, I understand it's a family thing and I'm not."

"My mom practically loves you more than me, you are a part of this family now,"

I beamed at his response, staring up at him with a stupid smile on my face which he returned until it dropped completely.

"What?" I asked, "what's wrong?"

"Well, there is one condition..."

"Go on,"

He paused for a second. Toying with his words before he said anything. Dragging on the suspense.

I playfully punched him in the arm, trying to ease the worry I could feel building up inside of me.

"Just tell me!"

He sighed dramatically and rested his head in his hands.

"You will have to wear the matching pjs my mom picks out for all of us."

My jaw dropped in disbelief and I had to fight the urge to laugh.

"No!"

"Oh yes! Every year I've been alive I've sat in this very room with the worlds finest warriors in matching pyjamas,"

I couldn't stop myself from giggling.

"I don't believe you! Surely not all of you! You don't expect me to believe that Amren sits here in matching pyjamas."

"According to my mother she was a tough cookie to crack but Varian pushed her towards it and now she sits, arms crossed and a face like a smacked arse every year!"

I was properly laughing now, holding a hand over my mouth to try and get it to stop.

"Why matching pjs?"

"I have been told the story but I can't remember now, I'm pretty sure it was something silly anyway. I don't mind though, I see the look on my moms face every year and her laugh is well worth us all looking incredibly stupid."

"Oh, I cannot wait now."

"You did hear me when I said you would be wearing them too?"

"Oh yes,"

"Then swipe that amused smile off your face, you will look just as stupid as the rest of us,"