39

Take me, to the moon
I wanna be, with the stars...

//

The silence was stronger than the harsh winds of New York City in the winter, the cold stare of her eyes shot a chill down my spine and rose goosebumps to the surface of my pale skin.

But much like New York City, it wasn't uncommon to find a warm coffee shop to shelter yourself from the harsh elements, and much like those coffee shops that smelled of warmth and comfort, so did mia.

Her arms engulfed me in a desperate hug, almost as if she let me go, I would blow away in the harsh winter winds, she gave me shelter.

"Please tell me this isn't a dream" she whispered, feeling warm droplets of her tears soak the neckline of my shirt.

It broke my heart knowing this hurt her as much as it hurt me.

"Why did you leave me" I whispered back at her, feeling my own tears start to make their way down my rosy cheeks.

"Can we please not talk about this right now" she squeezed me one more time before pulling away, gripping either side of my face between her soft hands and staring at me for what felt like hours.

Slowly nodding I feel the pads of her thumbs wipe off the wet trail of my tears while blinking her own tears from between her eyelashes.

Looking at her chest I notice the same necklace I gave her years ago, sitting pretty as ever, almost as it was when my grandma had it.

Reaching my nimble fingers towards her to take the cool peace of metal between them, I can feel the heat of her skin radiating off of her body like a wave.

Her eyes follow my every move studying my appearance, as if I would disappear in a blink of an eye.

"I never stopped wearing it"

"Why?" The question came out as a whisper, so quiet it barely passed my own ears.

"Because it was the only thing I had left of you." Her voice wavered with emotion, her eyes glassing over in evidence that her heart was not as intact as I originally thought.

Without a second thought I reach to put both hands in either side of her face, bringing my cold lips to her buttery soft ones.

A loud knock steals our attention away from each other and onto the mahogany door.

Looking back at Mia, her eyes widen in shock and disbelief, confusion swirls around in my head until I remember her pet name she mistakenly called me, expecting it to be the curly headed bitch.

"Fuck fuck fuck" she whispers while tangling both of her hands in her hair and pulling at the roots, trying to come up with a good excuse to tell her boyfriend why another man was in his girlfriends house alone.

This is a disaster.

Frozen to the ground I now start to realize what will happen to me if Timothée see's me in this apartment, not only am I in here alone with her but I just fucking kissed her.

Her small hand begin to push me into the closet next to the front door holding sweaters and coats that smell of her floral perfume.

As much as I loved being engulfed in the familiar smell of lilacs and roses I can't help but feel my heart beating so rapidly in my chest that I couldn't tell if the knocking on the door was Timothée or my heart against my rib cage.