Talking snakes.

She stands up glaring at me, " give it back," she says I know she's trying to be calm but her facade has slipped. I hold it out " go on Granger, take it." she reaches for it and I pull my hand back twiddling her wand in my fingers, " come on Hermione, try harder than that." she's turning red now, I take a step back " if you want it, take it." she lunges for it thrusting her hand out, I turn slightly and her hand goes past it.

 In all honesty if It were anyone else I would've given it back, but I find it fun to tease her, after all I'm Slytherin, as Weasley so kindly pointed out. she really needs to defend herself, Malfoy would've snapped her wand by now.

 I sigh " Granger it's simple, Think about it." she hesitates grasping what I mean and holding her hand out, It moves but not enough to fly to her hand. I sigh " maybe I'll just keep it then," I look at her with a frown, " You will not!" she says 

" Ladies calm down." Lockhart says looking at Hermione, " Locke please return Grangers wand." I almost glare at professor Snape, " Fine " I scowl at her before tossing the wand in her direction and turning around. " Everte Statum!" I grin as I hear her words spinning around with my wand out and blocking her spell, It pushes me back but I stand my ground. 

I point my wand at her 'Wingardium Leviosa' she lifts off the ground looking confused. I keep my mind focused, I raise her about five feet off the ground holding her there. " Drop her." Blaise says and I almost lose my concentration with a laugh, " As fun as this has been Hermione, don't you think you might want to give up now?" she scowls at me. " Miss Locke, put Miss Granger down!" Lockhart yells, I risk a glance at Snape and he nods, I lower her setting her gently to the ground.

" Pathetic." I mumble quietly a frown on my face, she glares at me and I shrug. stepping down off the table with a nod pointed at Snape.

>*<

Were back in our common room Blaise teasing Draco about his defeat, which of course ends with me and Daphne watching them playfully shove each other around. " So are you going home for the holidays?" Daphne asks, I hadn't thought about it I barely even noticed that in a few days everyone would be leaving. We sit down on one of the couches by the fire, " I haven't really thought about it." I admit, " But I think I'll just stay here, what about you? are you going home?" she rolls her eyes " Father has insisted we spend Christmas in Paris again so yes and no." she laughs. " What about you Blaise?" he looks at us plopping down on the couch opposite, " Mother's dragging me back to Italy." he groans.

"Draco?" I ask hoping at least one of them will stay. "  I think I'm staying, It's up to my father" he smiles,  "Crabbe, Goyle?" I ask curiously.  " Were staying " Crabbe adds. " Well that'll be fun." I grin at them.

" Drakey! I caught up to you!" Pansy bursts into the common room rushing to Draco's side and sitting down right in between him and Blaise. I look at Daphne and roll my eye's, she giggles looking over to Parkinson. "What are you laughing at." Pansy hisses, " Your Desperation" I mutter and our group bursts out laughing and I grin, 

" Your just jealous, cause your not as pretty as I am!" I laugh " Honey, if that's pretty... I don't want it" I shrug and she scowls at me, Daphne snickers. " No she's not as Pretty as you," Draco pauses blushing slightly " but She is Prettier than you." I laugh, I swear I see tears in Pansy's eyes as she storms off. " slither off little snake " I hiss.

>*<

I wake up in the middle of the night to whispers and try to force myself to go back to sleep; to no avail. I stand up and exit my dorm wandering around in the common room, pacing back and forth before sitting on the floor with my back against the couch. I draw shapes in the air with my wand before getting an idea. I think back to the spell Draco used earlier, " serpensortia " I whisper it doesn't work. I straighten up against the couch and picture a snake in my mind hoping it will help, " serpensortia " a small black snake flies from my wand.