Connections.

We apparate straight to the manor after the meeting. Neither of us say a word to each other as we settle in. However I get the feeling I won't be left alone that easily. I didn't need to use legilimency to know that he knew.

I try not to think about it as I throw myself down onto my bed. I didn't want him to find out like this, part of me didn't want him to find out at all. I did know I had to tell him though and I would've, on my own terms.

I get up and change out of my clothes into something more comfortable. Opting for a pair of light grey sweatpants and a white long sleeve.

I grab a book from my shelf and head down to the garden. The garden was one of my favorite places in the manor. The whole setting was very serene, therefore the reason it was my favorite place. It was one of the best places to read and to have some quiet time.

I wasn't the only one who had thought to come her though. Draco sat on a bench a few feet from the door, his blonde hair shining platinum in the moonlight. He's still in his black suit, he hadn't even gone in to change.

He fit in so well with the marble statues that sat in random spots around the garden. It was angelic in away, though we were both far from angels. We had both done bad things we couldn't take back and may never receive forgiveness for, I just hoped that this wasn't one of those things.

I wander towards the bench and sit down beside him silently. He notices my presence but chooses to ignore it, I don't blame him. I hadn't exactly lied to him or anything, but I should have told him when I found out. 

The truth is I was still processing it myself, I didn't want it to be true. I'd have rather it be anyone but him, but there wasn't anything I could do now. There was never anything I could do anymore, it felt terrible. 

I couldn't help anyone, I was becoming useless.

My morals had been so clear in the beginning but now they were foggy. Perhaps it was the reason for my wand weakening. Poplar wands preferred witches or wizards with clear morals, mine weren't so clear right now.

" Why didn't you tell me?" Draco asks suddenly, breaking the silence and pulling me out of my thoughts.

I sigh " I was going to, I just, couldn't." I say calmly, my tone hesitant.

He turns to look over at me and I look down at the ground " It's weird huh?" he asks. I nod slowly and he scoots closer " Next time something happens, tell me. I don't care if you decided to marry Snape I just want to know, actually scratch that I would care but you get the gist." he says and laughs lightly. I cringe at the idea of marrying Snape, would anyone want to marry him?

He reaches out and grabs my hand " You're my bestfriend El, I'll love you no matter what." he says quietly. He laughs to himself " Just don't marry Snape, I could never forgive you for that." he says with a smile.

I mock a look of disappointment " So I have to call of the wedding plans?" I smirk and he scowls at me " Dammit Dray, can't I do anything?" I question teasingly.

He shakes his head at me " I know one thing you can do." he says leaning towards me.

I smile " And what's that?" I question, my tone soft and innocent sounding.

He smiles " This." he says and then his lips collide with mine. I smile against his lips as they move slowly against mine. The taste of mint overwhelming me and sending my head spiraling.

I could stay with him like that for hours on end. I never get tired of the taste of his lips, it's minty and sweet and it drives me crazy. So soft yet you can feel their eagerness, the way they fit perfectly with mine. Like pieces of a puzzle falling into place, our lips and out bodies perfectly made for each other.