Chapter 3 - Albert

Start from the beginning

Mush starts. "Favorite colors? Mine is red."

"Green."

"Yellow."

"White."

"Blue."

"Cause of your eyes?" Albert questions. Anthony nods, smiling a bit. He was still whispering, but he was getting a little more comfortable at least.

Specs was next. "Favorite animal. Mine are turtles."

"Cats."

"Dogs."

"Ferrets."

"Narwhals, narwhals swimming in the ocean, causing a commotion, cause they're so awesome!" Mush exclaims, causing the boys to laugh. Even Anthony laughed a little bit.

"Favorite sport. Mine's football."

"Cause your soulmate is the captain of the team." Mush mumbles. Albert rolls his eyes. "Mine's soccer."

"Tennis."

"Basketball."

"Track."

"You should sign up" Specs tells Anthony, who shrugs.

"Favorite foods? Mine is Tiramisu."

"You Italian, Anthony?" Specs asks Anthony, who smiles a bit, nodding.

"My mom used to always make Tiramisu for me" Anthony explains. The boys nod, smiling.

"Mines mashed potatoes."

"Or Mushed potatoes!" Albert exclaims. The boys laugh, as Mush rolls his eyes.

"Any kind of ice cream."

"Fries."

"Rugelach."

"What's that?" Anthony quietly asks. Albert turns to him.

"It's something Davey made for us" Albert explains. Anthony tilts his head to the side slightly.

"Who?"

"Davey. He's someone you'll meet pretty soon. He had a twin, Sarah, and a little sister, Leslie" Specs explains. Anthony nods, he was a bit scared to meet them, but these boys had been nice so far.

"Anthony, can I ask something?" Mush questions. "You totally don't have to answer this if you don't want to."

Anthony makes a motion for Mush to go on.

"Why do you wear a glove on the hand that has your soulmate mark?" Mush asks. Anthony's eyes widen.

"Uh, I'm- I apologize but- but I don't trust/know you guys enough yet to answer- that" Anthony whispers, trying to breathe.

"Hey, hey, that's okay" Specs comforts him, as he stands up, failing as he tries to calm himself down.

Albert stands up, hugging Anthony from behind.

Anthony tries to get out of Albert's grip. "Hey, hey calm down. It's okay, take deep breaths."

Specs stands up, with Elmer and Mush, and he grabs Anthony's hands, holding them against his chest.

"Breathe with me, Anthony, breathe" Specs whispers. Anthony listens to his heartbeat, taking deep breaths.

After a few minutes, Anthony calms down, leaning back against Albert as Specs let's go of his hands.

Anthony wipes the tears off of his face, as he continues to breath, eyes closed, leaning against Albert. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. It happens to all of us" Elmer responds. Anthony just apologizes again.

"If anyone should be sorry, it's me. I didn't know asking would cause that. I'm sorry, Anthony" Mush states. Anthony shakes his head.

"Don't be sorry, I'm sorry that I'm so sensitive that I can't answer little questions" Anthony mumbles, smacking his head.

Albert grabs his hands. "Stop that. It's fine. We all have rough pasts, and we all got here somehow. One thing you need to learn, we're not going to judge you here. We're all family, you included."

"I've been here for less than a day."

"Okay, and?" Albert responds. Anthony raises an eyebrow at him.

"Anyway, food should be here in a few minutes" Elmer states. Anthony turns to him, confused.

"What?" Anthony questions.

"A few of the boys are bringing food to us since we figured you'd be a little overwhelmed with all of us, plus our friends, so the five of us are gonna eat in here" Specs explains. Anthony smiles slightly.

"What are we eating anyway?" Albert questions. Elmer and Mush share a grin.

"Noodles!" They exclaim in sync. The other three boys laugh, even Anthony a bit, as they burst out into a fit of giggles.

The five boys hear a knock on the door to the bedroom. "That should be them."

1082 Words