Chapter 9

They feel like in the wrong place when they sit down on the chairs in front of a large table.

Two female witches stare at them, watching every move, and one of them even winks at Jeongguk, much to Taehyung's dislike.

The question will be answered as one of them mocks. "When are straight men ever going to visit us? Is everyone on this damn planet gay? Even our dogs prefer the same sex." She points to a large white dog and a small brown one.

"Hey watch your mouth, don't talk like that to Mickey!" Hoseok puts down his cutlery with a loud bang. "He can be what he wants and if it's the Emperor of China." With a much friendlier tone he speaks a few sweet words to his baby, picks him behind the ear and the topic is done for him.

The girl raises her hands in surrender and hears the other woman beside her giggle. "Babe why are you complaining, humans are still struggling when they're not straight. Be happy we have it better here."

Taehyung and Jeongguk look at each other, confused.

"Hwasa has only been frustrated lately because she wants friends who are not gay or lesbian for a change. Just to prove that she accepts any sexuality." Her girlfriend explains.

"And Yongsun here won't let me go into town looking for potential friends." She rolls her eyes, but a smile shows up as soon as Yongun's lips meet her cheek. "Anyway, I don't need any friends on the outside at all." She shrugs her shoulders and puts a spoonful of food into her mouth.

Taehyung's index finger turns in a circle directly in front of his forehead, wordlessly trying to tell Jeongguk that he thinks she is crazy. The younger one chokes on the drink with red content; it's juice.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi, who's sitting to Jeongguk's left, pats his back worriedly and the vampire nods.

Taehyung sees it, notices the persistent touch even after Jeongguk stopped coughing. "He's fine now." With a gentle movement, he pushes the man's hand away and replaces it with his own. "Am I right, Ggukie?"

The younger nods again, not used to so much attention. To be honest, he's enjoying this moment.

"Obsessed bastard." It's just a whisper from Yoongi, but he's sure Taehyung and Jeongguk can hear him clearly. At least that's what he wanted to achieve.

The demon gets up quickly and makes the chair scratch the floor with a hair-raising noise. "We should do it now, the faster the better. We'd love to go home as soon as possible." He helps Jeongguk stand up even when it was completely unnecessary and puts a protective arm around his waist. This can be seen as a clear message to the little man who thinks he might interfere in their relationship. Well, there is no relationship between them yet, at least not officially. The one-sided hatred has already been reduced and what is now blooming between them is still unnamed.

Namjoon also gets up, followed by Jimin and Seokjin. "All right, dinner is over. Hwasa, Yongsun and Yoongi, can you please clear the table for us? Hoseok, you will wait here and keep an eye on them."

Yoongi gives him a look that says unmistakably 'Why me?' He had already cooked and now he has to clean too?

Namjoon is their leader and they must win a fight. Since he is unfortunately a little injured, he has to stay at home with the girls and Hoseok. There's not much Yoongi can do now, so he sighs and takes the dishes to take them to the kitchen.

The five men gathered in front of one of the huts a short time later. "This is where we store all of our weapons." Seokjin opens the door.

Jeongguk peeks in and sees almost nothing. "Uh, did you use a spell to make them tiny or something?" It would make sense, wouldn't it?

Jimin laughs out loud and almost falls to the ground. Namjoon catches his body just in time. "No, we usually use magic, but if you look closely you can see a few things." The older one answers his question.

Taehyung enters the hut, it has exactly one room. "Oh look at that!" He grabs a large sword that was hidden behind a white statue, swings it around like a Jedi Knight.

"Yeah, there is no way we will need this one." Seokjin carefully takes it from Taehyung's grip with a frown. "If the werewolves are still around this sword will be pretty useless. Use these glass balls instead. They have a mixture in them that we created especially for Wer-beings. If it comes in contact with their fur or skin, they go weak in seconds."

Taehyung is visibly astonished, takes five of these balls and puts them in a bag that he receives from Jimin.

Jeongguk walks around the room looking for something he can use. "What's this?" He takes an item from a table.

"Careful, it could kill you instantly. This is our weapon against vampires." Namjoon takes it from him and puts it back on the table with a sigh, relieved that it didn't slip from his hand.

"Wow, shit. I mean that's great, but what do you have for me?" He gets impatient, wants something cool too.

Jimin works a spell. Seconds later two blue orbs appear. "This is for you. Use them wisely." He gives this Jeongguk.

"How?" The vampire eyes the object with a furrowed brow, can't figure out what it could be.

"This, my dear Jeongguk, is the key to getting the wicked people to give up. The traffickers are sure to be protected by their trusted warlocks, and this tiny ball can erase all the magic they have used on them." Namjoon proudly explains, grins when Jeongguk forms an 'O' with his lips and is amazed at its strong power. Magic against magic.

"Okay gentlemen, let's show them they messed with the wrong people." With a determined voice, Seokjin draws attention to himself.

They leave the hut and the coven and know exactly where to go. Well, except for Taehyung and Jeongguk, but they follow them anyway.

"Hey Ggukie, when this is over, can we talk?" The demon initiates a conversation. It's time to get all the misunderstandings out of the way.

Jeongguk smiles. "Sure, I think it's time to put all the misunderstandings out of the way." This is exactly what Taehyung was thinking, and he wonders if Jeongguk can read his mind.

No, that's not possible, it was definitely just a coincidence.

This answer brings hope to Taehyung though. He always wanted to get closer to the vampire, not just on a sexual level. Unfortunately, their past made it impossible so far.

After a while they reach the clearing. It's peaceful, the birds singing and the sun shining through the canopy of the trees, make it seem calm, but the group knows this will soon change.

Namjoon asks them to form a circle. "Okay, listen up. I can't feel werewolves, but something is wrong here. My heart feels heavy and that's never a good sign." As a warlock, such feelings are important in knowing what is going on. They can sometimes predict the future or prevent things from happening.

Seokjin agrees. "Same here. I don't know what creature it is, but it seems pretty powerful."

Taehyung leans back to stand upright and leave the circle. His eyes turn black and he takes a deep breath. A low hum comes from deep in his chest, as if he was meditating in some way.

Jeongguk watches him with interest, has never seen him in action. It's impressive, a demon has so much power that it's scary at times. Of course, they cannot win against everyone, it wouldn't keep the world in balance if one creature is superior to all others.

Taehyung finishes in about thirty seconds and comes back to his senses. He has to hold on to something, as Jeongguk is closest to him, he grabs his arm to stabilize himself.

"Everything okay with you?" The vampire looks directly into his still completely black eyes, they're breathtaking.

"Yes. Give me a minute." Even for a demon, such a short and intense session costs a lot of energy. He just hopes he isn't too weak to fight when necessary.