"Oh. I thought y'all was gonna sleep together."

He got up. "Man, I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

"Why? What I say?" I laughed as he walked out the room.

"What I say?!"

***

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

The night guards was banging on the cells, waking us up before they left, so the day guards can come in and do what they gotta do.

I got up early this AM, and waited for them to open my cell so I can go use the phone.

They took all day coming in.

"Where you going?" The guard asked pushing me back in the cell.

"To use the phone."

"No sir. Nobody's using phones until we finish this search." I frowned.

"A search? For what?"

"We can't tell you that, just sit outside the cell and wait to be called upon." I blew out a breath and stood outside the cell door.

Every time it's time for me to use the phone, they come with some bullshit.

"You good?" My cell mate asked.

"Yea"

The guards came out the room with a board game then walked out the unit.

It was the marble game. That belonged to my cell mate. It kept him occupied so he wouldn't think about his daughter all the time.

No body came back in for about another thirty minutes.

I seen Officer Valdez walk through the door, and was confused.

I'm trying to figure out how she keep popping up everywhere I go.

"Good morning!" She spoke to everybody.

"Wassup officer Valdez." They spoke back. I just went back in my cell.

She walked around and checked everybody rooms.

"Y'all ate breakfast?"

"Hell nah. We just got up."