Chapter 21

Boog

I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes looking around. After checking the time on my phone, I saw that it was 10:30.

I had plans to go look at some houses today. I was tired of people going around what I said, and I know I can't just make rules because this isn't my house but if I'm going to stay here, I need to feel comfortable.

And I don't. So I'm moving. Quick, fast, and in a hurry.

After taking a shower, I washed my face, and brushed my teeth.

I still didn't feel good after all these days and it was starting to get on my nerves.

I scheduled a doctors appointment though, two days should be here in no time.

After getting out the shower, I noticed Emani wasn't up, and that is so unusual. She's always up before me, bright and early.

"Emani! It's time to get up!" I said as I walked past the room door.

"Emani?" I called after I didn't hear her say anything.

She still didn't say anything, which is so unlike her.

After throwing something on, anything. I walked into the room and peeled back the covers to reveal that she wasn't there.

I looked around the room and she was not there.

I started to panic, but I tried to calm myself as I searched the rest of the house.

"Emani?!" I yelled.

I didn't hear a laugh, a Huh mommy, a footstep, nothing. I searched the whole house and she was nowhere in sight.

I went searching again and tore the whole house up. I still didn't find anything but a loose dollar in the empty drawer upstairs and a toothbrush in the cabinet.

I paced back and forth with my left hand on my forehead and the other on my hip.

I couldn't possibly think of any place she could be around here, she don't know her way around.

"Emani?" I called walking outside. I walked all up and down the street, looking in people windows, in people cars.

I didn't see her and I started to cry.

After going back in the house, I called Ermias.

He didn't pick up the first time, but he did the second.

"Wassup?" He answered calmly.

"Ermias, Emani is gone. I don't know where she went or who she's with and if she's okay. She's probably hungry because I wasn't up to fix her any breakfast. Can you just come and help me find our daughter please?" I said all in one breath, crying.

"Calm down and breathe." I took three deep breaths.

This is why I tell Emani to stop doing stuff while I'm sleeping. She want to be independent, and a big girl so bad.

"Emani Straight, she right here."

"Put her on the phone."

"Good morning mommy." She spoke as got on the phone.

"Good morning baby, are you okay?"

"Mhm. Mommy you wouldn't believe what daddy did to my room. It's so beautifuuuuul." She said overjoyed.

Just hearing her voice made me feel like I could breathe again.

"I bet it is! I'll see you when you get here okay? I love you so so much."