He stopped walking and turned to me with a serious expression. "If there's a next time, come to me."

Involuntarily, my thoughts flitted back to earlier when he was too preoccupied with what he was doing to notice me creepily peeping at him and then to Gina's words which were stubbornly loitering in the threshold of my mind.

"Yeah, okay, I will." My eyes flicked to the blue-black bruise on his forehead. "Sorry about the bump, it wasn't on purpose I swear."

"Not a big deal."

"It looks kind of bad, does it hurt?" I stepped closer and stood on my tip toes so I could better inspect the bruise.

Unconsciously, my hand reached up to give it a tentative brush as I winced when my finger tips came into contact with his skin.

"Jordan!" I jumped slightly from the ear piercing shout and quickly retracted my hand.

Veronique came into view looking as if she had just gotten out of a magazine shoot, save for the haughty glare directed at me.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I was just about to leave." I answered, taking a step away from Jordan.

She narrowed her eyes, clearly not believing what I had said. "You better be-"

"Vee." Jordan intercepted, shifting her attention towards him. "What are you doing here?"

"To see you, silly!" She pranced forward and elbowed me further to the side. "We haven't been hanging out much and I missed you! Don't you miss me?"

"Maybe another day Vee, I still have school tomorro-"

"Oh my god! What on earth happened to your face?" She shrieked.

"Calm down, it's just a little bruise."

"You don't deserve this, my poor baby." She cooed, clutching his face tightly with both of her hands.

Not wanting to extend my unwelcomed presence any longer, I started backing away from them. "Um...I'll be leaving then."

"I'm leaving with you."

"No no, it's alright. You should stay."

"I'm driving you home." He stated with a tone of finality, peeling Veronique's hands away from his face.

"Jordie, she already said its fine, leave her be." She gave an irritated sigh as Jordan advanced towards me.

"Yeah, I've called my chauffeur, he should be arriving soon."

"No." He insisted. "I'm taking you home."

"Jordan!" Veronique marched up to him. "Why are you doing this? Are you leaving me for her?!"

Jordan pinched the bridge of his nose and uttered in frustration "Quit being a child and go home, Vee."

"Not without you!" Realising she was getting more agitated by the second, I pleaded wordlessly to Jordan to calm her down before this could get even more out of hand.

Instead of doing that, he grabbed my forearm and dragged me away, blatantly ignoring her gasps of shock.

"You're choosing her over me? Over me?" Disbelief swarmed across every inch of her face as she stood in front of us, blocking our path. "Are you insane? Who is she to you?"

If I had thought that things could not have gotten any worse, I was proven dead wrong when Jordan snaked his arm around my waist, pulled me into his chest and proclaimed loudly without even a bat of his eyelid.

"My girlfriend."

HAPPY 2021 PEEPS!! Hope you all had a wonderful new year🥳🥳🥳

I dedicate the first update of this new year to all of you, my friends, who have so kindly supported & showered me with the love I definitely don't deserve🥺🥺🥺

School just started this week & while I was initially lazy to write, your comments have given me the much needed push which was crazy since I basically finished this chappie in a day!!

I have noticed many new readers & commenters & I want to let you guys know that I am so so thankful for every single one of you:,,)

Comment what you're expecting for this story & if you're liking it so far!!

LOVE YOU GUYS LOTS so stay safe & well!!

Also, leave a VOTE OR COMMENT TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT<33

xoxo
xuan