Like a man on mission, he ignored my calls and stopped only when we have arrived at the ballroom.

Gina, who was right by the entrance, looked at him in surprise as he came closer.

"Where should I put these?"

"Um...here would be fine." Gina pointed to a couple of chairs near the door which I had previously placed.

While Jordan was busy stacking up the chairs, Gina pulled at my arm with a questioning gaze.

"Hey...we just...happened to see each other so he offered to help." I tittered.

Before she could reply, a looming shadow fell over the both of us.

"Right, he's just leaving..." I tugged at the sleeve of his blazer. "I'll see you lat-"

"No. I'm not leaving until I'm done moving those chairs upstairs."

"Oh...sure we better get going then-"

"You're staying here."

"What?" Both me and Gina peered at him in confusion as he began to take off his blazer. "I'm not doing that, there's nothing here that I can help with."

He gave an indifferent shrug before tossing his blazer at me. "Sit still and look pretty then."

"Wait-"

"Liana!" Gina grabbed my arm, preventing me from chasing after his retreating form. "You can come help me with the balloons."

Reluctantly, I allowed her to pull me towards the stage where packets of balloons were waiting to be pumped.

"So...you and him huh?" She smiled slyly.

Avoiding her gaze, I busied myself with the balloon pump. "Not really, we're not...together."

She patted my back in an assuring manner. "Don't you worry girlie, its only a matter of time."

"I'm not worried, far from it actually."

"I can tell that he really likes you, a lot. You're also the only girl I've seen him hanging around with."

"That's because he makes it hard for people to be around him."

"You're an exception then." She nudged my shoulder with hers, nodding her head in the direction of Jordan who was back with a new stack of chairs. "Look how hard he is trying to be around you."

My eyes swiveled towards him, travelling down from his pinched eyebrows to the rolled up sleeves that put his biceps on full display.

The next couple of hours flew by with me attempting to not get distracted every time he came in, it was almost as if I had some sort of built-in detector that would alert me of his presence.

Without meaning to, my mind lingered back on Gina's previous words as Jordan and I descended the stairs leading to the school's parking lot.

"You're awfully quiet." He remarked.

I chewed my lip. "Just tired, I guess...thanks for your help today by the way, I wouldn't have gotten it all done so quickly by myself."