thirteen.

+ night +

I lay in the crumpled bed sheet of Gilbert Blythe's bed, my eyes closed gently and my head resting on Gilbert's chest. His warm fingertips were drawing circles on my bare shoulder like they had a mind of their own, the small movement in the silence of the room bringing me comfort as I listened to his heart beating under head, my heart beat syncing to it subconsciously. The sound of our breathing mingled together, my messy blonde hair sprawled out behind me, the ribbon and pins that were holding it together having been pulled out hours ago already, scattered somewhere on the carpeted floor.

Gilbert's breath was hitting my head as he watched me rest, and I could guess without even seeing that he had a small smile resting on his face. I stared at the window, the curtains drawn back to reveal the stars in the clear sky, my eyes tracing the constellations as I imagined the outlines shining down on the city. I wasn't sure if nature rooted for this moment or if my mind had tricked me into a perfect present, but every breath Gilbert took smelled like vanilla and jasmine.

"It's dark outside" I said quietly, my whisper cutting through the silence as Gilbert shifted on the bed ever so slightly. "I thought you were asleep" Gilbert said to me as I flipped over, lying on my stomach as I set my hand on Gilbert's chest, resting my cheek on it. "Not quite yet" I said softly, a smile dancing on my lips as Gilbert pushing the hair that was falling over my eyes away from my face. "We haven't had dinner quite yet" I joked, tilting my head to the side as Gilbert laugh lightly, nodding his head slowly as his hand lingered on my cheek, his finger tips hovering over my skin. "You're not wrong" Gilbert said with a smirk as he held his eye contact with me, brown standing off with blue as we stared at each other for a moment.

"You're enticing" Gilbert said to me quietly, his voice merely a whisper as I smiled back at him, tapping my finger against his stomach. "And we must eat" I replied, dodging the compliment with a small scrunch of my nose turning my head away as Gilbert moved his hand to my chin, tilting my head back to look at him. "Or we could stay here for a moment longer" Gilbert bartered with me as he held into my face, making my smile grow slightly as I raised my eyebrows at him playfully. "Only if you compliment me again" I replied quietly as Gilbert took in a sharp breath, scrunch his brow together as he dropped his hand from my chin, resting it against his chest before shaking his head.

"Oh I don't know if I can do that" Gilbert responded as I let out a small laugh, nodding my head as I moved into my side, holding the sheets against my chest as I started to get off of the bed. "I'll be on my way then" I said as Gilbert laughed, his hand gripping into my wrist as he pulled me back down onto the bed, making me let out a small squeal. I lay down next to him, laying my head on the pillow as I laughed, setting my hand on my forehead as Gilbert laughed along with me. I turned to look at him, laying on my side as Gilbert looked down at me from his slightly raised position, his hair a complete mess as his curls hung low, almost covering his eyes.

I reached out with one hand, moving his hair away from his eyes as he smiled at me, moving his head toward me slightly so that I swept his forehead with my finger tips. He caught my hand by my wrist once again, intertwining his fingers with mines as he held close to his face, staring at my hands like he was inspecting my finely polished nail beds. "Your fingers" he started, running his hands along my rough fingertips, making me smile as I pushed my other arm under my head, leaning against my bicep with my hair falling all around me. "My calluses from the violin" I explained to him, watching him look at each of my fingers, his eyebrows furrowed slightly like they do when he is focused on a difficult math question.

"Do you still play?" he asked me, making me shrug my shoulders as well as I could, barely having thought about the last time I had held a violin in my hands. "I mostly pay piano now" I explained, the piano being the main instrument the girls at finishing school played, only because that's what most of the girls had learned from a young age. Gilbert nodded his head as we lay there in silence for a moment, our hands woven together as he held them to his chest, my eyes starting to drift close. I let out a soft groan, lifting my head off of the pillow as I looked at him, widening my eyes and grinning at him once again.

"Stop distracting me, I'm hungry" I said to him, making him laugh as I tried to rake my fingers through the mess of my hair, a few start pins tangled into the loose curls. "It's almost midnight" Gilbert countered, pointing at the windows that showed the dark night sky, his eyebrows raised as I nodded my head, rolling over and swinging my feet off the side of the bed. "Well you better hope that there's a bakery open" I countered, standing up from the bed in search for my clothes to venture out to try and find an open vendor.

——

A/N: this chapter is oddly spicy considering what I normally write so i'll let your imaginations run wild with this one
happy new year to all of you!! let's hope that 2021 is a million times better than 2020!
I hit a lot of milestones on wattpad in 2020, especially hitting 200k on Doctor so special thanks to all of you for reading my books and continuing to read them!
I hope you all had a lovely new year's eve and day and I wish you all the best luck and vibes

A/N: this chapter is oddly spicy considering what I normally write so i'll let your imaginations run wild with this one happy new year to all of you!! let's hope that 2021 is a million times better than 2020! I hit a lot of milestones on wattpad i...